PDA

View Full Version : Banged up eBay car

Rich_NYS
04-02-2014, 09:44 AM
There's a DeLorean on Ebay that looks like someone beat it with something.....dents all the way around.

I wonder what the story behind that one is! :smashfreak::jawdrop::bash:

Roman Legion
04-02-2014, 11:27 AM
There's a DeLorean on Ebay that looks like someone beat it with something.....dents all the way around.

I wonder what the story behind that one is! :smashfreak::jawdrop::bash:

Seen it, my first thought was "If they can't get out the dents, then those panels are going to be steep to replace" :dead:

DavidProehl
04-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Here is the link (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC-12-DMC-12-1981-Delorean-DMC-12-/271440831880?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f33226588&item=271440831880&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_44wt_1362).

A car I saw burried under tree branches in the forest had less dings than this. The taillights are even broken. Given how nice the interior is, it looks like vandalism rather than neglect.

NightFlyer
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
You guys are all seriously late to the party!

We've been discussing this car over on DMCToday since last October. Full write up of my assessment, including detailed pics and the background story on this car, can be found here:

http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.php?388-My-friend-wants-to-buy-this-D&p=6027&viewfull=1#post6027

Rich_NYS
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
You guys are all seriously late to the party!

We've been discussing this car over on DMCToday since last October. Full write up of my assessment, including detailed pics and the background story on this car, can be found here:

http://www.dmctoday.com/showthread.php?388-My-friend-wants-to-buy-this-D&p=6027&viewfull=1#post6027

I didn't realize it was the same car, but I definitely remember the post. It was the reason I joined the forums & PM'ed you to ask for help...lol! This is the post I was referring to when I wrote: "hey, I saw a post where you helped some guy assess a car....etc. -And you definitely helped me make a very good decision on the first car I saw. :thumbup: (BTW, did you know Jonathan was passing through my area & stopped to visit?)

I thought the car had been sold, I only read the posts up to your assessment and checked the ebay listing to see it had been sold.

Jimmyvonviggle
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
I think the stainless steel repair on this car will be enormous. The current bid is 14k, and who knows what else is hiding.

Farrar
04-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IL22sLF25s

Rich_NYS
04-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I think the stainless steel repair on this car will be enormous. The current bid is 14k, and who knows what else is hiding.

Josh test drove it last fall, it seems to be cherry except for the vandalism.

NightFlyer
04-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I didn't realize it was the same car, but I definitely remember the post. It was the reason I joined the forums & PM'ed you to ask for help...lol! This is the post I was referring to when I wrote: "hey, I saw a post where you helped some guy assess a car....etc. -And you definitely helped me make a very good decision on the first car I saw. :thumbup: (BTW, did you know Jonathan was passing through my area & stopped to visit?)

I thought the car had been sold, I only read the posts up to your assessment and checked the ebay listing to see it had been sold.

The car has been auctioned to completion a few times on eBay - the first winning bid was $11,400, and the second winning bid was $17,100. Both buyers reneged though, thus leading to this third auction listing. I guess we'll see what happens to it now....

That's cool that Jonathan stopped by for a visit. Some day I plan on doing a tour of upstate NY in my car - I want to check out Sharon Springs, the old Catskill Borscht Belt resort towns, and other areas of interest...

NightFlyer
04-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Josh test drove it last fall, it seems to be cherry except for the vandalism.

Spot-on - aside from the vandalism, and needing a deep cleaning, it is an excellent original car. I fully break down everything that the car needs in my assessment.

JohnZ
04-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Reminds me of this...

[...]

Ah ah Farrar you're the best! I LOVE Father Ted! My and me brother we keep watching it all the time!

And I love his... crappy Ford Cortina!

:hysterical: