PDA

View Full Version : General Need a carpet set but DMCH is out of stock

wafflemaster
04-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I ordered a full carpet set (gray) from DMCH about a week ago, but I got a call from them yesterday saying that they are out of stock. They also said they aren't planning on getting any sets in until 2015! :(

Can anyone recommend another source for a full carpet set? I'm mostly concerned about quality and fit vs. price. A european vendor would be fine, as long as shipping doesn't take too long.

Thank you!

DMCH James
04-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I ordered a full carpet set (gray) from DMCH about a week ago, but I got a call from them yesterday saying that they are out of stock. They also said they aren't planning on getting any sets in until 2015! :(

Can anyone recommend another source for a full carpet set? I'm mostly concerned about quality and fit vs. price. A european vendor would be fine, as long as shipping doesn't take too long.

Thank you!

Carpets for black interiors are available and carpets for grey interiors should be available again in May 2014 _ we're waiting on new stocks of the DeLorean-specific vinyl for the edging/flaps - wherever/whomever you heard they were out of stock until 2015 was mistaken or you misunderstood.

wafflemaster
04-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Carpets for black interiors are available and carpets for grey interiors should be available again in May 2014 _ we're waiting on new stocks of the DeLorean-specific vinyl for the edging/flaps - wherever/whomever you heard they were out of stock until 2015 was mistaken or you misunderstood.

Thanks James! I think I spoke to you yesterday about my order, but I was driving and must have misunderstood and heard 2015 not 2014. I'll give you a call to get it squared away.

Thanks!
Jim

john 05141
04-03-2014, 06:58 AM
I have a grey interiour and I used a new carpet set for a black car (intentionally) Personally I think it matches better.
Disregard if want to remain 100% original of course.

What I am saying you should consider another color, you would be surprised. But than you have to replace the whole set of course, incl the small strip on the doors

Jan

OverlandMan
04-03-2014, 10:25 AM
I have a grey interiour and I used a new carpet set for a black car (intentionally) Personally I think it matches better.

What I am saying you should consider another color, you would be surprised. But than you have to replace the whole set of course, incl the small strip on the doors

Jan

Jan,

Wow, you are making me reconsider doing black carpets in my grey interior car. I already bought the black floor-mats and really like the contrast. The black carpet set looks more subtle in your picture. Care to share additional photos of this?

gulwng3
04-03-2014, 11:43 AM
I recently replaced my grey carpet and got new grey seat covers from DMCMW. Interior looks brand new!

However...

+1 on going with the "black" carpet set in a grey interior. The "black" is actually a dark grey color (not black) and IMHO looks much better, especially if you are getting new grey seat covers, which are a darker grey than the carpet. The grey carpet is just too light and shows the slightest amount of dirt.

Andy

ALEXAKOS
04-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Is yours torn?
I actually just blasted my set clean on my balcony by using washing maschine powder soap and a bit of OXI Action.
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/delo%20resto/null_zps002b2413.jpg

With the water blaster those became like new!!!

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/delo%20resto/DSC00283_zpsc88f5184.jpg

So if yours are beyond cleaning ask for a set from James in here ( member eagle-co94 )who has several used parts.

skill
04-03-2014, 01:46 PM

Thanks James for the info and good to know the status on the gray carpet as it's on my future buys.

Alexakos, thanks for the carpet cleaning tip. I'll give it a try and see if I can salvage what I have.

Bri

Patrick C
04-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Jan

Did you have to special order the grey vinyl attached to the dark doorsill carpet that normally has black vinyl?

john 05141
04-04-2014, 05:33 AM
I had rust stains on my carpet, and it bothered me. My seats were all newly recoverd by a local upholstery and the carpet was not looking well.
I wanted a new set, and at that time, DMC simply had no aftermarket brand new carpers available like they do now.
So I bought my set from john Hervey. There is a difference with the DMC's , the aftermarket ones from DMC are preformed. The one from J Hervey are stichted. The DMC ones might me more perfect in that area, but the stitches are covered by the footwell carpet so I had no problem with it. But the carpet pieces on the rear wheelwell was not easy but I tackeled this perfectly.
I think DMC offers more colors too, but I am not sure.

But when I installed the carpet (not difficult and easy to do, with fantastic results) I did not notice the doors carpets becasue the doors were up; They are only 2 inches high anyway. The next day I took my Delorean with a smell of a new carpet to the roads and at the fitst traffic light in broad daylight I see the doors have a piece of carpet too which was way lighter in color.
So I contacted John Hervey to ask if that could be fixed, and about 2 weeks later he mailed me those.

So brand new carpet and new seats recoverd, I was happy as a clown.
Later that season I dyed all the plastic parts and the car looked showroom new. About 5 years later it still does.

The picture from the drivers side, the passengers carper is still the old one.
The picture taken from the passengers side, notice the the door carpet.
But the original color must have been close you see the part tucked under the console on the passengers side has nearly the same color.

Lighting is pretty poor for these pictures.

Jan