PDA

View Full Version : General Like, or dislike?

Hokie
04-03-2014, 06:34 PM
http://instagram.com/p/mRRQY2lS7E/

ILM1010
04-03-2014, 06:40 PM
hate

Patrick C
04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I do like the full size power windows...

Rich_NYS
04-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Dislike.

pezzonovante88
04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Dislike.

Nicholas R
04-03-2014, 09:31 PM
I do like the full size power windows...

+1

Credit where credit is due. That is definitely a nice feature.

Alan
04-03-2014, 10:40 PM
I hate that a D died for it, but on its own merits I don't hate it. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

JohnZ
04-04-2014, 02:32 AM
Can it still be saved or is the D inside that monster completely lost?

john 05141
04-04-2014, 04:51 AM
I hate that a D died for it, but on its own merits I don't hate it. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

+1

GS450-Junkie
04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
I like it. With his money he could have bought a Ferrari, etc. BUT...he chose a DeLorean! How many big super rap or rock guys would make fun of him for that?! I've certainly seen worse... Would I want it? No. But it's kinda cool....

RoyHinkley
04-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Not bashing anyone, but I think it's hideous. But to each his own!

AugustneverEnds
04-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Dislike! Hideous is the only word I can summon

refugeefromcalif
04-04-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm going to add a Dislike also.

The full window is cool though...

George

NightFlyer
04-04-2014, 09:12 PM
According to Mr. IAm, it's more Chrysler than it is DeLorean. I believe that Dave S. confirmed this when he looked the car over en persona while in Vegas:

Tillsy
04-04-2014, 09:23 PM
It's more crap than it is either Chrysler or DeLorean...

DMCMW Dave
04-04-2014, 09:53 PM
According to Mr. IAm, it's more Chrysler than it is DeLorean. I believe that Dave S. confirmed this when he looked the car over en persona while in Vegas:

I didn't see anything to do with Chrysler. It's a Chevy (LS-something) engine, the frame underneath was still mostly DeLorean but the suspension was changed (at least the front). One of the builders I talked to said that it was an Audi trans/axle but I had no way to verify that (I'm not much of an Audi guy). It was pretty hard to look underneath. They didn't stop us but it was just a really low car.

Other than the front grill it actually looks better in person than in any photos I've seen of it. But I agree that the grillework is pretty atrocious. I actually thought the back was pretty good but you NEVER see that in pictures.

Some of the body work was cracking, I don't know how much of the original stainless is left of it but all the styling fabrication is in fiberglass/bondo.

Alan
04-04-2014, 09:56 PM
I actually thought the back was pretty good but you NEVER see that in pictures.

You didn't get any pictures from that angle?

Dangermouse
04-04-2014, 10:12 PM
There's a whole thread on this car over in the Custom section with all sorts of pictures.

Or just search on "Will.i.am" or "DeLor.i.am"

NightFlyer
04-04-2014, 10:58 PM
I didn't see anything to do with Chrysler. It's a Chevy (LS-something) engine, the frame underneath was still mostly DeLorean but the suspension was changed (at least the front). One of the builders I talked to said that it was an Audi trans/axle but I had no way to verify that (I'm not much of an Audi guy). It was pretty hard to look underneath. They didn't stop us but it was just a really low car.

Other than the front grill it actually looks better in person than in any photos I've seen of it. But I agree that the grillework is pretty atrocious. I actually thought the back was pretty good but you NEVER see that in pictures.

Some of the body work was cracking, I don't know how much of the original stainless is left of it but all the styling fabrication is in fiberglass/bondo.

Thanks for the correction Dave :thumbup:

ALEXAKOS
04-05-2014, 03:08 AM
I really don't see why this is still called a Delorean?:screwy:

I do however own a part of it! The front lower spoiler of that D is now proudly resting under my front fascia!!:cool1:

JohnZ
04-05-2014, 04:57 AM
There you go

Domi
04-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Interesting how they replaced the louvre by a glass.
Anyone know the VIN of this car?

Alan
04-05-2014, 08:59 AM
There you go

Thank you. This I Like. The front, not so much... but this I DO like. I still don't love it but I think it's pretty sharp.

ALEXAKOS
04-05-2014, 01:01 PM
The rear looks like a 82 Pontiac firebird!

FYI
West coast customs have made yet another set of wheels for 'Will I Am" (http://www.ebay.com/motors/garage/profile/6872624/1959-Chevrolet-Corvette)
This time, I consider it a nice rejuvenation!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjgzWDEwMjQ=/z/JLYAAOxy0QBSRcnQ/$T2eC16NHJHIFFhb1PP+oBSRcnQP8,Q~~60_3.JPG

sapphirexae
04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Disgusting. It looks like something a teenager would normally do to a Honda Civic. I also love how he says he created his own car. BS, you wrapped a DeLorean in fiberglass.

AugustneverEnds
04-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Disgusting. It looks like something a teenager would normally do to a Honda Civic. I also love how he says he created his own car. BS, you wrapped a DeLorean in fiberglass.

+1

This guy needs to be restrained from uglifying any more iconic cars. Or at the very least keeping these eyesores in his garage where they can't do anymore damage :facepalm:

PB Co
04-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Couldn't believe how much they kissed his butt on Top Gear, and no mention of the DeLorean underneath.

Wouldn't you rather have a fleet of DMC12s then a custom that gets towed everytime you park it? I'm sure it's beautiful in Will.i.am's eyes but it looks like a hot wheels to me.

Patrick C
04-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Let's not forget what the car looked like before he had WCC do their modifications. Danny and the guys at DMCCA did a lot of neat customizations that got thrown away when WCC did their work. As I recall, this is a very early car that belonged to Will.I.AM's uncle at one time that was in very rough shape. I believe Danny Botkin posted these photos many years ago.

delorean928
04-07-2014, 11:04 PM
I think it's a cool piece of art and they should have work many hour$ on this car but personnally I dislike the fact that they permanently dressed up a D for that use. I think the front end is cool but the rear end is ugly.
Unfortunately nobody would stop the guy to do this to DeLoreans but at least if he continues it will make the pure ones more attractive and headturners. ;)

AugustneverEnds
04-08-2014, 07:10 AM
I think it's a cool piece of art and they should have work many hour$ on this car but personnally I dislike the fact that they permanently dressed up a D for that use. I think the front end is cool but the rear end is ugly.
Unfortunately nobody would stop the guy to do this to DeLoreans but at least if he continues it will make the pure ones more attractive and headturners. ;)

Good point! I like the way you are thinking :thumbup:

PB Co
04-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Wow, you know some of that custom two tone interior isn't bad at all. From the accent stitching it looks like the entire dash is leather. Oh well it's all gone now. So it was not only a nice DeLorean at one time, but also a great custom DeLorean. Sad.

Dangermouse
04-17-2014, 08:35 PM
The interior was installed in another car, don't recall whose.

I saw the ad the day after it sold :(

PB Co
04-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Makes you wonder if it's all the customers idea... or did WCC totally soak Will I am? You know talk him into a custom DMC12 then plant the concept for his own car after it's all done. He comes back later and declares it his own idea and gets out the checkbook. Double whammy.