PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Front Passenger Fog Light/Blinker not working

Jimmycxc
04-08-2014, 08:54 AM
It completely boggles the mind, but I can't seem to find out why my front passenger fog light/blinker is not working. I have changed the bulb with a new one and still nothing. Here's the absolute bizarre part. If I take out the driver side bulb, the passenger side suddenly works. As soon as I put a new bulb into the driver side, the passenger side stops working work.

jmettee
04-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Might be the bulb socket internal contacts. You need to do some troubleshooting with a multimeter to figure out where the problem is since a simple bulb swap is not fixing it.

Dangermouse
04-08-2014, 09:06 AM
I assume that you are just referring to the sidelight circuit, not the blinker function?

When you put in the drivers bulb, does it then light? I suspect you have a bad ground.

Mark D
04-08-2014, 11:56 AM
You may also want to pull the plastic grill out of the facia and take a look behind the light housings. Mice and other critters seem to like that spot to build their nest and they also seem to like chewing on those wires.

GS450-Junkie
04-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Check and clean your fuses. You usually need to do that in the spring.

Jimmycxc
04-13-2014, 07:20 PM
I assume that you are just referring to the sidelight circuit, not the blinker function?

When you put in the drivers bulb, does it then light? I suspect you have a bad ground.

Its the blinker. I hit the headlight button once, it does not like up. I hit again, headlights come on, but blinker is still out.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check them out and let you guys know.