PDA

View Full Version : Calling Any DeLorean Owner in the Omaha, NE Area

mluder
04-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Casting a net here, folks.

I got a message from a old friend from high school who's kid is a huge Back To The Future fan. She had reached out to me to ask if I would ever have my car in the Omaha area (where I grew up). As I now live in Portland, OR, I told her it's pretty unlikely that I would drive my car halfway across the country as much as I would like to. I did offer to see if there was anyone in the group who owned a DeLorean in the area. If I could find someone I would see if I couldn't arrange a meet and greet, or find out if the car was going to be shown at any local shows, etc.

So, there you have it. I know not everyone is keen on stuff like this. I for one love to do these sorts of things because I remember being in their shoes when the mere sight of one of these cars brought excitement a smile to my face. So, if anyone can help out, it would be much appreciated. Also, if you know any owners in the Omaha area who aren't active on the boards, kindly ask them as well.

Cheers
Steven

DavidProehl
04-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Not long ago there was a DeLorean parked in the Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha. My in-laws live there and sent me a picture of it. Not sure if it is still parked there or if it was a temporary thing. I think it was used to demo a stereo setup.

Picture (not my picture): https://www.flickr.com/photos/lambofan25/4665304964/

Not as hands on as a meet and greet, but if it is still there it could be a way to see one in person.

mluder
04-21-2014, 04:34 AM
Not long ago there was a DeLorean parked in the Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha. My in-laws live there and sent me a picture of it. Not sure if it is still parked there or if it was a temporary thing. I think it was used to demo a stereo setup.

Picture (not my picture): https://www.flickr.com/photos/lambofan25/4665304964/

Not as hands on as a meet and greet, but if it is still there it could be a way to see one in person.

Thanks for the info... Looks like the photo is from 2010 so it's unlikely it's still there. However, this may indicate an owner in the area. I might reach out to DMC Houston and DMC Midwest and see if they know of anyone.

Cheers
Steven