PDA

View Full Version : General Delorean performance industries

dvfr750f
04-21-2014, 03:44 PM
I just wanted to thank Josh at DPI. I figure this is a good way to do it! I was having some nagging fuel delivery issues and a snarled transmission. Gunked up shifting at random times.
I took the car to JOSH at DPI and he went above and beyond helping me with identified issues and even fixing some minor problems that I was unaware of.
I picked the car up over the weekend and drove her over 600 miles(when I wouldnt even drive an hour in her before) to my home. She performed flawlessly and I am confident I could drive the car anywhere(providing I have a spare fuel pump and my tools) lol.
Anyway, Josh is a dedicated Delorean mech and it was great to see someone that loves the car so much. BTW, his exhaust system sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!

:cheers:

:elmo1:

DL4567
04-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Well, he's gotta be doing something while he's not replying to emails and ignoring SEDOC.

Iznodmad
04-21-2014, 09:13 PM
I agree that Josh at DPI does exceptional and high quality work. It is good to see others pleased with his detail of work. I had two spec one exhausts (one on each car) but decided to upgrade to twin press platform on one. Can't wait to see it completed, just in time for DCS, so I can share it with others. Derek, I think this is the wrong thread to hash out details of a tech event. He probably is busy with my project and a few others to be completed before DCS. You have a thread for that elsewhere. Leave this one for praise of work completed or soon to be completed. Carry on DPI, we appreciate your efforts.

Patrick C
04-21-2014, 09:18 PM
but decided to upgrade to twin press platform on one.

What is a twin press? Just curious.

pezzonovante88
04-21-2014, 09:23 PM
What is a twin press? Just curious.

Twin Turbo, I believe.

DL4567
04-21-2014, 09:23 PM
I agree that Josh at DPI does exceptional and high quality work. It is good to see others pleased with his detail of work. I had two spec one exhausts (one on each car) but decided to upgrade to twin press platform on one. Can't wait to see it completed, just in time for DCS, so I can share it with others. Derek, I think this is the wrong thread to hash out details of a tech event. He probably is busy with my project and a few others to be completed before DCS. You have a thread for that elsewhere. Leave this one for praise of work completed or soon to be completed. Carry on DPI, we appreciate your efforts.

I agree he has a great reputation of top notch work. That is why we wanted him and are in such disbelief that he doesn't have the courtesy to even communicate with us. If the schedule is too much, he could at least say so. You can have him.

Iznodmad
04-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Officially to be unveiled at DCS, the ultimate twin turbo PRV that has been "modernized". Sorry I don't work for DPI, so I don't have official specifics. There is a little info on his website about it and I'm stepping up to the plate first. It is hard to handle the excitement over this project. I've always wanted turbos, but was less than thrilled with the older BAE and island TT options. This is lightyears ahead of that. Continued innovation and modernization of the DeLorean with quality DPI engineering. Everything else is so nice from DPI, why wouldn't this be, right?

NightFlyer
04-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Officially to be unveiled at DCS, the ultimate twin turbo PRV that has been "modernized". Sorry I don't work for DPI, so I don't have official specifics. There is a little info on his website about it and I'm stepping up to the plate first. It is hard to handle the excitement over this project. I've always wanted turbos, but was less than thrilled with the older BAE and island TT options. This is lightyears ahead of that. Continued innovation and modernization of the DeLorean with quality DPI engineering. Everything else is so nice from DPI, why wouldn't this be, right?

Draw thru or blow thru?

I'm guessing that you have all high strength forged internals, otherwise you couldn't safely run more boost than the legacy kits offered.

ccurzio
04-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Well, he's gotta be doing something while he's not replying to emails and ignoring SEDOC.

Man, this is so disappointing. I know Josh does amazing work and he's a great guy, but I was really looking forward to A) him coming down to help work on our cars, and B) just meeting the guy because he's been such a nice person and amazing asset.

Honestly I hope he's okay and nothing bad is going on in his life. If all is well, then yeah it's upsetting that he's gone silent on us SEDOC folks. :(

Delorean Industries
04-21-2014, 10:47 PM
I"m going to hit all topics in this thread. Full disclosure so take it for what it is. No excuse as over all it is my fault. I have fallen behind due to a massive over load of support from this community. It is nothing short of my fault for not being able to find the right staff to assist me. Unfortunately there is no way for me to convey my experience and knowledge to someone else in a timely matter. How many times have you been upset when you called somewhere and no one had the answers without asking around and getting back to you? As egotistical as this sounds everyone comes here for me. Nothing short of "are you the one that will be working on my car?" While this is a major compliment it is my greatest weakness. I apologize to Derek, Chris and anyone else I haven't gotten back to as I have been working in a closed spectrum of what is directly in front of me. I'm trying to do it all and getting about half of it done. Completed right for what is done but there is a lot left over else where. I apologize for not being better with planning responses.

I feel the need to openly explain how things work here. Those who contact me regularly by phone and text know this is how it is. I work 18 hours a day 7 days a week at DPI equaling out to on average over 120 hours a week. I sleep and run this business. There is no down time anymore. To answer directly all is not well. Due to what is listed above and a slew of unrelated things I am putting off and juggling not related to DPI. As always I am open to serious constructive suggestions that can assist with the non stop growing pains of this company.

On a happier note all of this insane commitment has paid off. Few pictures on my I phone of the SPEC II Twin turbo platform development.

and of course. Thanks Dan for the kind words. Always great to see you!

Iznodmad
04-21-2014, 10:47 PM
You mean Legend, right? I don't recall how much boost Legend engines were capable of. Yes, it has forged internals. Gotta leave a few surprises on the set-up, right? Besides, it is up to DPI to decide how much info they want out about the engine specifics before DCS. I trust Josh so much that I purchased the upgrade with virtually no specifics and having never seen, heard, nor driven a DeLorean with the upgrade.

BABIS
04-22-2014, 08:33 AM
interesting use of the K-jet manifold in a 3.0 engine! I guess you had to mount it with spacers.. maybe with machined inlet ports for the injectors ;)

Delorean Industries
04-22-2014, 08:59 AM
The engine is a bit unique:
3.0 block with custom liners putting it back down to 2.9 (added thickness at the base of the liner is the reasoning)
Forged pistons with new wrist pin size(floating) and custom rods (bushed instead of pressed)
crankshaft is undersized on the rod journals with a big change made on the big end
2.8 cylinder heads with valve sizes changed to correct factory over sized intake valves and under sized exhaust

GS450-Junkie
04-22-2014, 08:44 PM
man...does this mean you don't have any more time to bang out some of Houston's "0 Availability" items??

Delorean Industries
04-22-2014, 08:47 PM
If you and others can provide a complete accurate list of "0" items I will go through and take every one that my manufactures can produce without much input from me and get the ball rolling.

GS450-Junkie
04-22-2014, 08:50 PM
If you and others can provide a complete accurate list of "0" items I will go through and take every one that my manufactures can produce without much input from me and get the ball rolling.

What exactly are your limitations? Can you do interior pieces for instance? Or are we talking like metal things that could be done in SS much like your shift linkage?

Delorean Industries
04-22-2014, 08:53 PM
I can have anything metal made in stainless. Most cases improving the design or simply copying the originals.

Someone with a opinion that I hold a lot of weight in commented that I have the drivetrain, chassis and "underneath" either in development and sorted. That it was time for me to focus on what people see top side to a higher level. I am ready to move into top side cosmetics.

Delorean Industries
04-22-2014, 09:02 PM
A couple of new items in development and testing for example are automatic shifter cables that take care of the factory sealing issues and manual transmission cables with a custom anti wear feature at the common frame failure point.

Ikeaboy1
04-22-2014, 09:06 PM
I work 18 hours a day 7 days a week at DPI equaling out to on average over 120 hours a week.

True story. Josh is a machine, and his work is killer. If you have to wait, get in line. He's about done with my car and has been doing a spectacular job for me, and has been in constant communication throughout the process. The more Deloreans that make it to DPI, the better.

WNY1983
04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Ok Every one just drop the taco and step back and let the man do his thing.
Josh is a breathe of fresh air to every one in this community. No one has been more innovative and honest to our community.
Every time I have a discussion with Josh it is truly professional. I have owned my DMC for over 10 years. I call him first for parts and help. He has never let me down. In this day and age that is a rare commodity.
A man can only do so much. Let the natural progression of his business evolve. We should be lucky to be able to enhance our cars from his innovations. Given the fact no one else has stepped up to the plate for our community. Sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for. Believe me, the man's got what it takes. So lets all enjoy the fruits of Josh's mind and his talent. Let's all enjoy this journey.

opethmike
04-22-2014, 09:50 PM
I think that we should all give Josh a big hug.

GS450-Junkie
04-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Ok Every one just drop the taco and step back and let the man do his thing.
Josh is a breathe of fresh air to every one in this community. No one has been more innovative and honest to our community.
Every time I have a discussion with Josh it is truly professional. I have owned my DMC for over 10 years. I call him first for parts and help. He has never let me down. In this day and age that is a rare commodity.
A man can only do so much. Let the natural progression of his business evolve. We should be lucky to be able to enhance our cars from his innovations. Given the fact no one else has stepped up to the plate for our community. Sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for. Believe me, the man's got what it takes. So lets all enjoy the fruits of Josh's mind and his talent. Let's all enjoy this journey.

But....I'm an American. I cannot wait. I must have instantaneous gratifications on all situations and occasions whenever possible. :cool1:

DeLoreanman
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM
I think that we should all give Josh a big hug.

Is this one of those nude hugs you keep talking about, Mike? Because, I'm ok with that....*Hugs Josh tightly*

opethmike
04-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Is this one of those nude hugs you keep talking about, Mike? Because, I'm ok with that....*Hugs Josh tightly*

*holds hug for an awkwardly long period of time*