PDA

View Full Version : General Just bought a lift...don't know if it will work with the DeLorean

DMC3157
04-26-2014, 03:44 AM
Just bought this lift. Paid $150 from Craigslist, which was an awesome deal. Everything works and was super excited until...I realized it may not work with the DeLorean. The platforms are 53" long, the DeLorean lift points are 61" apart (discrepancy of 8", which is a lot). Anyone have any experience with these types of lifts and the DeLorean? I was thinking that I could weld a 1/4-3/8" steel plate the full length of the platforms that hangs over the front/rear edges by 4" each to meet the length needed for the lifts points, but not sure about this yet...Any one got a good idea?

Tillsy
04-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Seems to me like a huge amount of surface area that would be supporting the weight, as opposed to four concentrated spots, so may not be a problem?

I wouldn't have a clue though ;)

SS Spoiler
04-26-2014, 08:48 AM
I think Bruce Benson has/had one. Deloronut

Nicholas R
04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Seems to me like a huge amount of surface area that would be supporting the weight, as opposed to four concentrated spots, so may not be a problem?

I wouldn't have a clue though ;)

What he said^. I'd probably still want to see it in person but yea, you're really distributing that load now.