PDA

View Full Version : Electrical head unit replacement with galaxy note 8

kl31
04-27-2014, 08:43 AM
i currently have a galaxy note 8 that i got for free during an AT&T deal when i got my Galaxy S4. It has a 4G LTE connection and i want to replace the current Alpine head unit i have in the car.

Originally i wanted to replace the head unit with a flip out GPS receiver, but those apparently costs a lot of money. Since i rarely ever use my note 8, i thought i might as well integrate it into the car.

i plan on replacing the head unit with

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KTP-445U-4-channel-Power-Amplifier/dp/B003VVYL46/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1398601928&sr=8-6&keywords=alpine+4+channel+amp

and hook up a bluetooth receiver to it. I don't care much for the tablet being removable, as i plan on creating a leather covered mount so that the tablet sits flush within the center console, so if there is an alternative way to connect the tablet into the amplifier, that'll be great. I also want the tablet to turn on when i start the car.

I also want to hook up a back up camera. I read that its a good idea to connect the camera to the back up light so that the camera turns on, but idk how to connect the camera with the tablet, and have it switch to the camera view when i go reverse.

As for the AC duct, i don't really care for it. The AC doesn't currently work, and i don't plan on fixing it anytime soon.