PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Is there a cross reference for the 12mm fuel banjo bolts?

Totally 80s
04-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I've got the car 95 percent put back together and I busted a single banjo bolt. Does anyone know a cross reference bolt so i can go down to AutoZone and buy a bolt? I found this thread but not sure if it ended up working. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8190-fuel-distributor-HOLLOW-BOLT-banjo-bolt-replacement&highlight=banjo+bolt

I hate to have to order one lone bolt from a delorean vendor. Any help appreciated.

Sorry, I believe it's a 8mm banjo bolt. Delorean part #102343

Chris 16409
04-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I've got the car 95 percent put back together and I busted a single banjo bolt. Does anyone know a cross reference bolt so i can go down to AutoZone and buy a bolt? I found this thread but not sure if it ended up working. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8190-fuel-distributor-HOLLOW-BOLT-banjo-bolt-replacement&highlight=banjo+bolt

I hate to have to order one lone bolt from a delorean vendor. Any help appreciated.

Sorry, I believe it's a 8mm banjo bolt. Delorean part #102343

Go to a junk yard and find an old Mercedes or Volvo with K-Jet. You should be able to get the fuel bolt you need.

Totally 80s
04-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Go to a junk yard and find an old Mercedes or Volvo with K-Jet. You should be able to get the fuel bolt you need.

That sounds like even more work than ordering a single bolt. Plus I think the nearest junkyard is an hour away. I appreciate the idea though. Weird that a bolt would be this hard to get.

DavidProehl
04-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Just order it. I did the same thing when I replaced my fuel lines. I spent 2x on shipping as what I paid for the bolt, but didn't have much choice. These aren't readily available anywhere but a vendor.

Mark D
04-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Just order it. I did the same thing when I replaced my fuel lines. I spent 2x on shipping as what I paid for the bolt, but didn't have much choice. These aren't readily available anywhere but a vendor.

+1

Support your local vendor :thumbup:

There has got to be something else you need anyway that'll offset the cost of shipping a single banjo bolt. Buy some spare oil/air filters, belts, etc.

nullset
04-28-2014, 05:52 PM
www.voluparts.com has them, but that probably won't help you unless you're in or near Atlanta.

Totally 80s
04-28-2014, 08:31 PM
+1

Support your local vendor :thumbup:

There has got to be something else you need anyway that'll offset the cost of shipping a single banjo bolt. Buy some spare oil/air filters, belts, etc.

Nope, just spent over $300 from two different vendors, don't need nothing but a bolt. I ordered the bolt but I also called Toyota to order one of those bolts to see if they will work in a pinch. I was curious since we never heard back from him.

DMCMW Dave
04-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Nope, just spent over $300 from two different vendors, don't need nothing but a bolt. I ordered the bolt but I also called Toyota to order one of those bolts to see if they will work in a pinch. I was curious since we never heard back from him.

Find some small foreign car shop that works on old Porches/Volvos/BMWs etc.

AugustneverEnds
04-28-2014, 08:59 PM
A local BMW dealer may have what you need. The E24 6-Series and a few other Bimmers used K-Jet. I was in a similar pinch last spring and the dealer had 11mm and 12mm banjos on hand. Good Luck :thumbup: