PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Video of how to close the doors

Kane
05-07-2014, 10:06 PM
I have a feeling that I am closing my doors wrong somehow from both the outside and the inside. Can one of you guys make a video of how you shut the door from the outside and then how you do it from the inside? I keep having problems with them latching properly even after having them repaired by both DMCNW and DMCCA. I'm thinking at this point I must not have the right technique.

Rich
05-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling that I am closing my doors wrong somehow from both the outside and the inside. .... I'm thinking at this point I must not have the right technique.

Would you settle for the factory method in writing instead? It's a starting place, realizing that not every DeLorean door works the same after all these years.

Copied and pasted from page 6 of the DeLorean Owner's Handbook, this version of which seems to have been written before the door pull straps were added:

External
......To close, pull the door down and continue to
close the door by placing a hand on the
window sill directly below the power window
glass. Do not attempt to close the door by
exerting pressure at the front edge as this
could result in a ‘sprung’ door requiring
adjustment and possible repair.

Internal
....To close from inside pull the door firmly
downwards with the assist bar located in the
lower portion of the armrest.

JohnZ
05-08-2014, 02:32 AM
I think you have to know how your door works and if you don't want to perform an adjustment you have to follow your own door's "rule". In my case, driver's side rear pin is too long and to properly close the door I have to push the door a little forward so it closes rightly.

Luckily the passenger side is ok, so when I will drive the car and carry someone with me I won't have to explain how to close the door. There is only me to do the "special move" :) . This only applies if you plan to do a door adjustment, but you don't do it at the moment.

;)