PDA

View Full Version : BTTF in theaters today!

DMC3165
05-25-2014, 09:57 AM
If anyone on Long island is interested. BTTF is playing at 2:00 pm (today may 25) at the UA Stadium 10 in Farmingdale and the Lowes in Stony Brook. I might contact the Lowes and see if they want me to park my car in front. Thought I'd pass it along of anyone else is interested.

DMC3165
05-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Spoke to the GM of the Farmingdale theater. He said they'd love to have a Delo there parked in front. So I'll be there if anyone else wants to go I'm sure they'd love more then one.

DeLorean03
05-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Went to the Rave Motion Pictures today for the 1400 showing. First time ever seeing it on the big screen - at least! Saw part 3 in 1990 - so part 2 is the only one left!

SherryC and I's cars went, but just to drive. We only learned about this on Wed - so it was a lil' too late to arrange displaying the cars. Oh well....!

DMC3165
05-25-2014, 08:54 PM
It was an odd setup. Parked in front of the parking lot which wasn't what I was thinking of. But to see it on the big screen with my 8 year old son and my DeLorean in the parking lot was a surreal experience. I saw it in 85 when I was 9. So to see it on the big screen all these years later with my son and the car is pretty awesome.

Totally 80s
05-25-2014, 09:33 PM
How was anyone supposed to even know about this? One day only showing. Disappointed.

DeLorean03
05-25-2014, 09:37 PM
How was anyone supposed to even know about this? One day only showing. Disappointed.

Negative, I can go see it again this Wednesday - twice!!

http://www.cinemark.com/theatre-detail.aspx?node_id=83862&showtime_date=#5/28/2014

Rich_NYS
05-25-2014, 09:53 PM
The people must really go nutty on their way in/out of the theatre and seeing a DeLorean parked out front, eh?

ssaleen
05-25-2014, 10:41 PM
They played the movie over here at a old time theater and they wanted my car in front of the place. It was super fun. From 5pm to 10pm people non stop wanted pics sitting in the car
This upside down pic bullshit makes me mad. It's from oh iPhone and I don't know how to fix it.

NightFlyer
05-26-2014, 01:10 AM
This upside down pic bullshit makes me mad. It's from oh iPhone and I don't know how to fix it.

Are you sure you weren't attending a showing of The Poseidon Adventure (1972) instead? :biggrin:

Kane
05-26-2014, 12:41 PM
They played the movie over here at a old time theater and they wanted my car in front of the place. It was super fun. From 5pm to 10pm people non stop wanted pics sitting in the car

If you are on Windows 7 or later, you can right click the picture in Windows Explorer and choose Rotate Clockwise. Do that twice and the picture will be right. It's upside down because of the way you hold your phone when you take the picture.

ssaleen
05-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Are you sure you weren't attending a showing of The Poseidon Adventure (1972) instead? :biggrin:
Oh shit maybe that is the problem!! Lol

If you are on Windows 7 or later, you can right click the picture in Windows Explorer and choose Rotate Clockwise. Do that twice and the picture will be right. It's upside down because of the way you hold your phone when you take the picture.

I had thought of that before also but when I take a pic I forget. Because I am left handed I hold it a certain way. But u would think a iPhone would be smart enough to figure this out, and I don't use a land computer otherwise they would be right side up because I have flipped them before . Maybe I need to read how to use a iPhone for dumb dumbs! Lol

DMCVegas
05-28-2014, 04:16 PM
I had thought of that before also but when I take a pic I forget. Because I am left handed I hold it a certain way. But u would think a iPhone would be smart enough to figure this out, and I don't use a land computer otherwise they would be right side up because I have flipped them before . Maybe I need to read how to use a iPhone for dumb dumbs! Lol

iPhones like many other smart phones will include an Orientation Flag in the Exif metadata written to each photo that will direct the viewing software to automatically rotate the picture. iPhoto, Aperture, Photoshop, Windows Photo Gallery, and many other viewers will function properly when they read said data to automatically rotate the picture for you. Windows Photo Viewer for example, which is also the default photo importer in Windows 7 and older, doesn't recognize this data. So if you're using it to view or import your pictures, they'll appear sideways or even upside down, and it'll permanently keep them this way when you try to share them because it removes the orientation flag.

Try some new software and it should be just fine.

Totally 80s
05-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Went to see it last night. One weird thing there was no "To Be Continued" graphic at the end. Wonder why they pulled it out.

David R
05-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Went to see it last night. One weird thing there was no "To Be Continued" graphic at the end. Wonder why they pulled it out.

It wasn't in the original theatrical release. The added it for home video. I think the blu-rays reflect the theatrical release as well.

Totally 80s
05-30-2014, 12:28 AM
It wasn't in the original theatrical release. The added it for home video. I think the blu-rays reflect the theatrical release as well.

I didn't know that.

One more question, does anyone know what the bumper sticker on Doc Browns van says? Even on the big screen I couldn't read it. It's a yellow and black bumper sticker.

David R
05-30-2014, 06:31 AM
IIRC, Doc's bumper sticker says "One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day"

Mark D
05-30-2014, 04:36 PM
"One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day"

You got it.

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=27717&d=1401482079

EDIT: this is showing up low quality for some reason, but you can still make out what it reads. This is one of the thousands of continuity polaroids taken over the course of the three films