PDA

View Full Version : Heat & A/C Planning on removing Blower motor, Heater, A/C unit Need HELP

1batt4u
05-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi all!

I am planning on removing Blower Motor, heater, A/C unit, everything from in there.

I want to rebuild everything sinc eI am redoing everything on the car.

Whats the best way to tackle this, step by step?

Only problem, I don't have access to opening passenger door. Car is against the house, and car is also lifted and not currently running to move it.

What do you guys recommend?

David T
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi all!

I am planning on removing Blower Motor, heater, A/C unit, everything from in there.

I want to rebuild everything sinc eI am redoing everything on the car.

Whats the best way to tackle this, step by step?

Only problem, I don't have access to opening passenger door. Car is against the house, and car is also lifted and not currently running to move it.

What do you guys recommend?

If you can't get the passenger door open and the car is up against the wall you can't get the front right tire off either. I would not plan on working on the A/C till you can get yourself more room to work on it. You need good access to the area behind the front right wheel to get to the connections. The A/C unit comes out into the passenger footwell so if you can't work on the passenger side with the door open you are not going to have any way to get the housing out.

Farrar
05-27-2014, 04:05 PM
I removed the HVAC box in order to replace the evaporator and found the procedure in the Workshop Manual to be quite comprehensive. Much patience is required. Good luck!

Oh, it just occurred to me that I removed the HVAC box by wiggling it out to the right and not to the left. So you may not be able to get it out through the driver's side, unless you remove the steering column first.

1batt4u
05-27-2014, 04:28 PM
I guess, I'll try to do it once I get the car back on the ground and moving.

Thank you guys!!