PDA

View Full Version : General Best vendor(s) for my parts list

uhhair
05-30-2014, 12:18 PM
So my baby is currently getting an overhaul and I have to pick up a lot of parts. I was hoping some of you on here could recommend which vendor's parts you think would be best. Here is my list:

Shifter bushing kit
Front stabilizer bushing kit
upper and lower ball joint RF
boots for tie rod ends
axle boot kits (4)
valve cover gaskets
cross gate cable
trailing arm bolts
shifter pivot bolt
rear main seal
crankshaft pulley seal

I know there are many options for some of these parts and I really just want to be sure I'm getting the best quality part for each. Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kings1527
05-30-2014, 01:05 PM
You're probably best going through a DMC vendor of your choice for the majority of it, but you might want to consider going through Hervey for the rear main seal. He has double lip rear mains and that's a nice option.

For the TABs, check in with Dave at DMCMW for an Inconel version.

And now that I think about it, Hervey again for a double lipped crankshaft seal.

D Knight
05-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Snag it all from MW.

-D Knight-

Mark D
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
I also support DMCMW whenever possible. :thumbup2:

It might be worth checking around on the valve cover gaskets though. I know DPI is making new oil pan gaskets from better than original materials but I have no idea about the valve cover gaskets.

If you can afford to spend a few extra bucks on inconel TABS DMCMW is making those instead of the normal 12.9 grade bolts that most people install when replacing original TABS.

I think the rear main seal that DMCMW sells is the same dual lip style seal that hervey sells, but that would be another thing to check into.

The front stabilizer bushings I'd check with Toby at DMCNW. He's got his own poly bushings that are recommended by some over the stock rubber bushings. You can replace just the two that mount to the crumple tube or he also sells poly bushings for the stabilizer bar ends where they pass through the LCA. He's got more info on his website about some of the benefits of this upgrade.

...there's really no need to get everything from one place unless you're dead set on saving the extra few bucks on shipping. I'd buy from a few different sources to get exactly what you want rather than settle certain parts from a single source just to save on shipping.

NightFlyer
05-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I've heard that DPI has nice gaskets and seals, though I've no personal experience.

I'm also quite certain that MW will have high quality offerings of everything on your shopping list.

If you know the size of the seals, Ultimate Industrial Solutions has nice offerings (double lip, stainless springs, often available in Viton rubber) at great prices:

http://www.ultimateindustrial.com/

Best luck!

BABIS
05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
So my baby is currently getting an overhaul and I have to pick up a lot of parts. I was hoping some of you on here could recommend which vendor's parts you think would be best. Here is my list:

Shifter bushing kit MW
Front stabilizer bushing kit DPNW
upper and lower ball joint RF DPI
boots for tie rod ends
axle boot kits (4) DPI
valve cover gaskets DPI
cross gate cable MW
trailing arm bolts MW
shifter pivot bolt SPECIAL-T
rear main seal SPECIAL-T
crankshaft pulley seal SPECIAL-T

I know there are many options for some of these parts and I really just want to be sure I'm getting the best quality part for each. Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

;)

uhhair
05-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah I have no problem going through multiple vendors, that's actually what I was hoping to do. I just want the best parts for me car, period.

D Knight
05-30-2014, 05:11 PM
MW also had the bar bushings and donut end bushings in polyurethane.

-D Knight-

Mark D
05-30-2014, 05:19 PM
MW also had the bar bushings and donut end bushings in polyurethane.

-D Knight-

Yes, but they are not the same parts. The DMCMW bushings (purple in color) are from Ed in Europe.

Toby's are black in color and he sources his own and does some custom work on the donut bushings that fit inside the LCA. These are quite a bit stiffer. I actually bought both sets and opted to install the ones from Toby at DMCNW. If anyone wants the other set I have from Ed I'll sell them cheap. They're brand new/never used.

Toby Kit: (Includes both sets of bushings)
http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DPNW&Product_Code=K1006DP-C

DMC Europe Kit:
(Upper) http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=20_143&products_id=95059
(LCA ARB Mount) http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=20_143&products_id=95061

DeLorean03
05-30-2014, 05:27 PM
DMCMW treats its customers so well, I'd buy toilet seat covers from them if they offered them.

They will tell you if you DON'T need a part from them not to buy it. How often do you get that level of honesty??