PDA

View Full Version : General Jalopnik - #5 of Ten Friendliest Groups of Car Owners

Rich W
06-02-2014, 01:44 PM
http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-friendliest-car-owners-1584760495

They generally drive them frequently, take them to car shows regularly for the throngs of people who pass the Ferraris and Lamborghinis to see
"the Back to the Future car".

They never tire of showing the cars off, happy to provide details, to explain for the millionth time that no, John DeLorean was never convicted
of drug trafficking, it was entrapment, often they'll let people touch or sit in the cars
(And if they don't, it's usually because of the sheer number of people rather than not wanting the car touched or sat in).

And all this for a car you could buy in great condition for less than the price of a new base model BMW 3 Series.

OverlandMan
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for sharing

Mark D
06-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Cool to see that we made the list and in such a positive way. Big shout out to Ken and Chris Kapalowski carrying that ODOC banner too!

In addition to being a DeLorean owner my daily driver is a 3 series BMW so I found that comparison interesting. I also enjoyed this quote about BMW owners:

"Since many BMW owners out there are asshats, the ones who really appreciate the brand and the heritage act extra nice to make up for them."

NightFlyer
06-02-2014, 03:10 PM
While I don't believe much in generalizations, there are some that work here, provided that you always remember that there are exceptions to every norm.

That said, I'm surprised that Trabant/Wartburg owners didn't make the list, as they're some of the most humble people that I've personally ever met in the automotive community.

I definitely concur about us being on the list though, deservedly so :thumbup:

Chris4099
06-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Cool, I also own a Tesla which is #9 on that list. I must be a nice guy then! :biggrin:

jawn101
06-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Kudos to ODOC for representing us so positively there :) I would expect no less from the folks who brought us the Exotic Car Owners Guidelines: http://odoc.ca/archive/exoticrules.htm

Victor
06-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks to the ODOC indeed!

I find that most of the people who would stop to talk or comment (about the car) are mostly very nice and respectfull. That facilitates the interaction as been positive and pleasant, in my case.

But owner of a D ought to like people interactions, to a certain degree... It goes with it. Eventhough people can be jerks sometimes!