PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Gear shift boot stitching

BABIS
06-03-2014, 03:44 AM
Hi guys I have a quick question ,

I have a new gear boot ready to be mounted but I don't remember where the "middle stitching" should be point at, rear or front of the car, can you help me? ;)

dmc6960
06-03-2014, 10:27 AM
It points towards the front of the car, so you dont see it when sitting in the cabin.

JohnZ
06-03-2014, 12:11 PM
It points towards the front of the car, so you dont see it when sitting in the cabin.

I would have assumed the same thing!

:cool:

BABIS
06-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Thank you sir!

finally installed ;)

Szabi
04-23-2015, 07:12 AM
I have got this new shift boot with steel bracket (first pic, on the right), and I am not sure I can simply cut the top of the leather boot so the stick can go through it? (I don`t want the stitching to start unravelling). Also, should the top of the leather boot also go through the `collar` on the stick (under the thread)?

Mark D
04-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I ended up cutting the top off the shift boot on my car and putting a dab of glue on the stitching from the inside so it wouldn't unravel. Before threading on the shifter ball I installed a jam nut to sandwich the leather in place on that little collar, then threaded on the shift knob. Making minor adjustments to the tightness of the jam nut also lets you set the angle at which the shift knob gets tight. That way so you can make sure the shift pattern on the ball is aligned corretly without having to loosen up the shifter ball to get it in the right spot.