PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Roof cage replacement

D Knight
06-18-2014, 07:06 AM
I bought a SS roof cage and will prob tackle this sometime over the winter. I plan on taking a boatload of pics and maybe doing a write up as I couldn't find one on here. There used to be a link somewhere for someone who did this a few years ago, but I can't find it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs/will need this done so hopefully it will help others decide if you want to try it yourself or call your fav vendor for install.

Anyone else on here done this?

-D Knight-

jawn101
06-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I bought a SS roof cage and will prob tackle this sometime over the winter. I plan on taking a boatload of pics and maybe doing a write up as I couldn't find one on here. There used to be a link somewhere for someone who did this a few years ago, but I can't find it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs/will need this done so hopefully it will help others decide if you want to try it yourself or call your fav vendor for install.

Anyone else on here done this?

-D Knight-

DPI Josh has :) I know there were one or two others who did as well, but from all the stories I've been told every car will need quite a bit of fiddling and adjustment to make it right, it's not a bolt-on replacement.

john 05141
06-20-2014, 05:36 AM
I got the same job pending for next year, I will keep a good eye on this thread.

Jan

OverlandMan
06-20-2014, 08:34 AM
You talking about one of these jobs? I snapped this pic when I was down at DMCH a year or two ago. James would probably be the guy to talk to. If DPI does this too then I'd recommend Josh as well.

Seems like a challenging DIY job.