FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: VIN #5980 Restauration Pics

My VIN:    #5980

Cool VIN #5980 Restauration Pics

#5980 was shipped from USA (Georgia) to Germany in 1990 (the 1987 Georgia emisson sticker is still on my windshield) and was stored for six years with no maintainance. Sometime earlier the car was in involved in an accident, it has some dents and repair marks on the frame on the rear left side.

I bought this DeLorean on May 30 1996 as a piece of garbage...

Engine was running on 5 cylinders only, transmission 5th gear was missing, interior in bad shape and partially disassembled, WUR not working.
    Many wires added to bypass some electric problems.

The first four years I made slides and have them not scanned yet... a to do when I retire next year.

Digital pictures are made since 2000:

http://www.steinerklaus.de/dmc/dmc.htm

click on the "Technik"-links

Klaus

Klaus

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Some really nice pictures on your website.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by klaus5980 View Post

Klaus
    Hallo Bruder!!!!!
    I am the owner of 12 vins after you. 5992 that is.

So you are the closest vin owner I know so far.

I had seen your vin on the German club page a while back. I am half German but live in Greece.

You and I have performed similar restoration jobs with the difference that I did all the work in one year ( still at it). See my thread here.

Man sieht sich
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Not to derail your thread, but your car shares an interesting sort of "reverse" parallel with mine! The previous owner (who I bought it from) purchased it in Germany in 1990 and had it shipped to the US after his tour was over. He didn't mention knowing any other owners over there but perhaps he knew the previous owner of yours!
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

My VIN:    #5980

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    He didn't mention knowing any other owners over there but perhaps he knew the previous owner of yours!
    I was in contact with the German company who imported my car from the USA to Germany, but they didn't have any information about former owners. I'm in Florida (Sarasota area) the whole November and will order the "Original Owner Information" from http://deloreanmuseum.org then. Hope this will help to find out more about my car.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Maybe you find some info about mine?

My 5992 was dealt and leased by Maroon Pontiac in NJ. No clue the where abouts and his she ended up in DMCFL
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)