FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lost my "pipe of agony" today.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
    The Renault setup uses a pressed in barb much like the one I'm proposing. Also, why can't I just tilt the housing to get it out? Here's a pic of the Renault version:
    do you see the molding right over the pipe on that Renault version?
    Seems as if the pipe flips upward for the removal.
    I know I was cursing to remove my set. cause on the other side you have that tap that is extending:

[IMG][/IMG]

So I don't know how much room there is to twist that thing in there. The intake is pretty tight underneath too.

The only way in and out would be pushing it out backward... which would need all the spark plug wiring removal from the distributor. Or even the dist. cap removal.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

I've seen a handful of late VIN cars that came from the factory with a similiar short pressed in pipe and it does allow a better fit with less chance of a vacuum leak. The only problem is you need a longer molded hose to fit it and I don't think dmch has any of the later style hoses. What are you going to use for the hose for your version of this setup?
    Rob Grady

My VIN:    00910

Well, after reading your concerns, I managed to get my part back before anything was permanently attached or altered just to put my mind at ease. I was sure it was going to fit but you guys made me doubt myself. It looks as though it fits just fine between the sides of the intake manifold with the barb attached. The barb barely sticks out past the side of the housing where the flange meets the upper half. See the pics for what I'm talking about. It will definitely work and it will install and come out without any weird wiggling, tilting, cursing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    I've seen a handful of late VIN cars that came from the factory with a similiar short pressed in pipe and it does allow a better fit with less chance of a vacuum leak. The only problem is you need a longer molded hose to fit it and I don't think dmch has any of the later style hoses. What are you going to use for the hose for your version of this setup?
    Rob Grady
    I'm planing on cutting the metal tube right at the end of the barb and using a piece of 3/4" hose to connect the two. The tube measured at .746" with calipers I had here at the house. I don't know where I'd source a hose with that severe bend in it at the idle valve that would connect the idle valve to the intake without keeping at least part of the metal tube.

IMG_4977.jpg IMG_4981.jpg IMG_4978.jpg IMG_4979.jpg IMG_4980.jpg
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Respect! You proved it to be a cool mod. Let us hear the forth going
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2