FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean on Classic Car Rescue tonight on Velocity Channel

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Delorean on Classic Car Rescue tonight on Velocity Channel

Well I just checked and there is a thread about the series. this is just to tell you it's on tonight. If I could I would delete this thread and add this as a post it the previous thread but I can't do that, sorry.

I was checking what was on TV tonight and found a show "Classic Car Rescue" tonight's show at 10:00 EST says they find a Delorean. I've never seen the show so I can't give you any other info.

http://www.discoveryworld.ca/episodeList.aspx?sid=45939

<<<
    EPISODE 5: DELOREAN

In this episode of Classic Car Rescue, no-nonsense, Cockney mechanic, Bernie Fineman, and his partner - Canadian car dealer, Mario Pacione, go back to the future to rescue one of the most recognisable cars of the eighties - a Delorean. But this rescue turns out to be an emotional rollercoaster of a ride with tempers fraying, the budget blowing and all hell breaking loose as the boys struggle to turnaround this iconic classic.

Famed for its gull-wing doors and stainless steel finish, the Delorean created a massive buzz when it first launched. Only for it to die a death two years later after less than ten thousand had rolled off the production line. With so few in existence, well-restored Deloreans can command big prices. But finding a rescue project is tough... which is why Bernie and Mario end up buying one that has a broken door, doesn't start and has had its stainless steel bodywork completely covered in a thick layer of red paint...

It's a gamble that doesn't pay off when they discover what lies beneath the red paint... And it isn't stainless steel! A combination of a botch job on the front wing and almost terminal rust on the so-called 'un-rustable' car has everyone's temper boiling over.

Things go from bad to worse when carelessness in the garage results in a big bill for a replacement window and, when Mario's penchant for penny-pinching leads to the boys being stranded on the side of the road, Bernie blows a gasket.

Can our intrepid duo manage to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds to impress a car expert and make a profit?
    >>>
    Last edited by Lenny; 11-19-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    6235

Just set my Dvr to record. Thanks!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It's pretty awful. But you'll all get a good laugh picking out the BS parts.

We all had a great time watching it at lunch in the shop.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    02613

So...

... are "car flipping" TV shows the new "house flipping" TV shows?

Forgive me if this is a silly question; I don't have time for much TV these days.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4519

A radiator....."where the HELL are we gonna get one of those from?!" -LMAO!

They should've brought in Josh from Canada and Matt [Barney] to show them how to get it done.....!
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 11-19-2014 at 09:54 PM.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Despite the programme being awful, (as with all of the ones they do) when I actually got to see the car (it was given away over in the UK as a prize) they actually did a really good job of removing all the paint from the body. You would really struggle to find any evidence that it was ever a painted car.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

My VIN:    6654

"When the DeLorean came from the factory it had a Galvanized Frame..."

I want my Galvanized Frame
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    A radiator....."where the HELL are we gonna get one of those from?!" -LMAO!
    That thing about getting a Jeep radiator and modify it to fit just seemed like an attempt to inject some sort of controversy in the show. Anyone who invests in a Delorean project would know to contact any of the Delorean outlets to get a proper replacement "rad". They did pay a very nice tribute to our brand though.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm not sure how they edited the piece, but i could see a few red flags in the "final product" like the 12 o'clock fuel gauge, sagging head liners, worn switches etc.

Were those rims NOS or refinished? holy smokes were they nice.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

My favorite was how slamming the door caused the right side glass to fall in and shatter like plain house-window glass. . . .

As anyone involved with such productions will tell you - there is always a certain level of staging going on.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast