FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking - Under 20K Driver

My VIN:    looking...

Looking - Under 20K Driver

Hello all, and thanks for letting me be a part of the sickness that is the delorean.

I'm a collector/restorer and have a handfull of projects including a 58 chevy, 2 65 mustangs, an 80s camaro and a 68 ford pickup under my belt or in progress.

I've decided that with all the fever of it being 2015, that i should probably pick up a delorean. I wanted to wait a couple of years, but with interest in an item comes higher prices... and i don't feel like waiting a decade to see them stabilize after the spike.

I've got a budget of $15K, but i can handle up to 20K for the right car. I don't want to go over this, as it cuts into my budget on another project.

I'm well aware, that cars in this range are going to be problematic. the paint going to be faded or chipped, the stainless will likely have some dings, and the electric is gonna be bonkers at times.

What I'm looking for: A driveable car. I want one that while it's not perfect will start and drive safely. Sure the headliners and seats are toast.. sure it needs polished up and those little dings fixed.. the stereo wont work, but the windows still function, even if the switches are messed up a bit.

It'll need some updates, for sure. But I can enjoy it while i make those updates. I'm sure theres still a couple like this out there, and im sure this is the place to find them...
    Last edited by OkieTV; 01-12-2015 at 07:33 PM.

I might have the car your looking for PM me for more info I have Oct 5speed grey interior vin 5873 for sale

My VIN:    5875

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCBRANDON5873 View Post
    I might have the car your looking for PM me for more info I have Oct 5speed grey interior vin 5873 for sale
    Would love to know more about 5873...only two away! Was it originally a New England car as was mine (Concord NH). Feel free to post or PM me!
    Eric
    1981/Grey/Manual/Grooved Hood/Martin Lowering Springs/SPEC I Exhaust/Ice Cold R134 AC

Ontario Year of Manufacture (YOM) License Plates
    www.YOMplates.ca

Pm sent!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCBRANDON5873 View Post
    Aahhh, I thought it was yours Chris was listing. Sorry to hear you are selling.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Still looking... let me know what you have or know of. Would like as minimal a project as possible. needs carpet seats headliner.. but no busted dashs.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by OkieTV View Post
    Still looking... let me know what you have or know of. Would like as minimal a project as possible. needs carpet seats headliner.. but no busted dashs.
    That was a $20K car a couple years ago but values have been a but crazy lately.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Does "crazy" values mean higher overall recently? And if so, what's the most likely cause?

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    what's the most likely cause?
    Maybe the 2015 BTTF craze?

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Does "crazy" values mean higher overall recently? And if so, what's the most likely cause?
    My opinion, I could be wrong.

Overall? Somewhat. IMO the lower end of the market has gone up quite a bit, at a higher rate than at the top. Probably due to the BTTF attention pulling new people into the community of fans who tend to be shopping more toward the bottom than the top. There are usually more people shopping for lower priced cars but there seem to be even more of them lately.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast