FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the iDMC

My VIN:    6679

Well done Paul you must be so stoked and proud - that has worked out every bit as awesome as you were aiming for, awesome work
    Chris

My VIN:    16811

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Well done Paul you must be so stoked and proud - that has worked out every bit as awesome as you were aiming for, awesome work
    Hey Chris! Thanks so much my friend!

Ignition on/off splash screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAYgdLWpCg

My VIN:    07000

Amazingly done - you and Patrick have taken the DeLorean into the 21st Century with a lot of class. Would you be willing to share parts, apps, etc - how you did it all to get where you're at currently?

I've been thinking of the same thing, but integrating a b-Stem (http://braincorporation.com) that has built-in gesture control as well as the ability to learn and remember.

Greg

Introducing the iDMC

Thanks for the compliment Timebender! I would be happy to share any part of this project with anyone. It does require some IOS skill and of course a jailbroken ipad. I'll check out the b-stem later today and reply.

My VIN:    Saving...

I hadn't seen that video, do you have a problem with the "double vision" on the windscreen?

Not at all from the LCD, but the LED 7 segment tach has a slight double image. it's really not bad at all. I could correct it with a piece of film but it's virtually unnoticeable.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Flash66 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Timebender! I would be happy to share any part of this project with anyone. It does require some IOS skill and of course a jailbroken ipad. I'll check out the b-stem later today and reply.
    Great! Yes, I had been consulting with Brain doing UX and UI work. and had started a pet project with the Home Animator team - essentially Home Animator was designed to make your automated home more autonomous - using gestures for actions vs. your phone or other mobile device, and the system remembering what you did, so the next time you did something, it would do some sort of action in return. Unencumbered interaction. So being the UX guy, I thought about how your home and car could talk to each other, and the home would tell the car to start up and get all nice and warm on a cold morning, and the car would recognize you (specifically you) approaching and open the doors for you. Of course I had in mind a DeLorean for my story using Wings-aloft all for the cool factor.

I wrote a whole "Day in the Life" scenario for them, but they decided to go with an autonomous industrial floor cleaner.
    Sexy....

Greg

My VIN:    10201

Those are some awesome updates and I love the HUD. Personally, I find the ipad to be out of place, but then again so do most modern head units. By the way, where did you find those headlights?

Introducing the iDMC

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Those are some awesome updates and I love the HUD. Personally, I find the ipad to be out of place, but then again so do most modern head units. By the way, where did you find those headlights?
    Thanks for the compliment. the iPad does change the look of the original concept, but that's what I was going for. I really don't care for the look of modern head units, and the units that have CarPlay (which is very limited btw) have a tiny screen and no where as useful as the full capabilities the ipad can provide. Talk about modern? I made a FaceTime call from the cars dash today in traffic and it reminded me of the futuristic movie Demolition Man. I forgot all about it having that feature. For the headlights, I have the vendors contact somewhere. I'll find it and post. Patrick C had the same style headlight although his were Halogen. After seeing mine in HID he converted his over. I will tell you that we had a time making these work. For me, besides bucket modification we both had to run new 10G wiring the length of the car, up through the harness routed by the washer bottle to provide adequate power and a complex relay system to make them operate correctly. I'm pretty sure I have some notes on how it's done.
    Last edited by Flash66; 04-16-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast