FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1982, 10054 for sale $25,000

1982, 10054 for sale $25,000

Well I've been debating selling it for a while now, I have too many other toys and just don't get to drive it nearly enough, these cars NEED to be driven, not stored.

I don't plan on doing a Craigslist or EBAY, and if I sell it, would like it to go to someone that knows something about DeLoreans, knows what they want, have done their research, and hopefully plan on driving it. Please don't contact me, asking a ton of questions to find that the car is exactly as stated, and then decline for no reason. But if you're serious about buying one (even if it's not mine), I'll be more than happy to talk about the car, my experiences, etc. I DO NOT WANT TO SOUND RUDE (I'M NOT) JUST DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH TIRE KICKERS!!! This forum helped me get it to where it is, so I'd like to sell it through the forum.

I've done all the work to it over the years, and have over $7,000 worth of PARTS receipts alone, doing my best to keep everything stock, pretty much ALL parts came from DMCH and some from DMCMW.

A/C works, all hoses replaced, and converted to 134.
    Eibach lowering springs and shocks all four corners.

I will say most everything works as it should, so it will be easier to list the negatives or what could use some attention.

-Some curb rash on the wheels and spots of clear (powder coat?) starting to come off. A wheel repair shop gave me an estimate a few years ago of $125/wheel to fix, but don't take my word on that.

-Tires are in great condition, but they are old. Just being honest.

-Slight exhaust leak when cold, gets better once it starts to warm up. I didn't feel it was bad enough to fix.

-The interior door panels are fair, but could be replaced, along with the door latch trim (escutcheons), center T-top headliner, and rear interior panels could be recovered. These parts all available from DMC Houston/Midwest.

-Some minor exterior dings (again, 33yrs old) which are pretty much only noticeable under certain shop lights.

None of these were bad enough to fix, just still on my to-do list. Overall the car is in very good condition, runs great. Keep in mind it is 33 years old, stock fuel injection, etc. Again, the main reason I'm selling is I just don't use it enough. Along with the sale will be several boxes of old/spare parts, manuals, etc.

Thank you,

Aaron Wagner
    cell 920-295-9731 (text or call)
    [email protected] email
    Car is located in Fond du Lac, Wi
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I am serious and price is right but I am working a deal right now with another owner, if he doesn't jump on what I need for him to do then the first week of July I can talk to you.

Let me know if you want to talk. I can come to Fond du lac.

(Note: Please have your title and associated paperwork squared away. There is nothing worse for a buyer to go thru funding and investigating, pulling VIN histories only to find out thru your bank that the VIN is off by one number that will take 4 to 6 weeks to fix--I don't mean to offend).

Example: 2CEDT when it should be SCEDT.

Thank You

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 06-09-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Hey Doug,

Everything is clear, title in hand, car is ready to go/drive. Sounds like your talking from experience!? I know how that feels!

Aaron-

My VIN:    6472

What's the mileage on the car? Thanks

70k +-

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I am serious and price is right but I am working a deal right now with another owner, if he doesn't jump on what I need for him to do then the first week of July I can talk to you.

Let me know if you want to talk. I can come to Fond du lac.

(Note: Please have your title and associated paperwork squared away. There is nothing worse for a buyer to go thru funding and investigating, pulling VIN histories only to find out thru your bank that the VIN is off by one number that will take 4 to 6 weeks to fix--I don't mean to offend).

Example: 2CEDT when it should be SCEDT.

Thank You

--Doug
    I hope you get your car, I really do but I can never understand a post like this. If your interested make a deal, if not don't. I'm sure the seller doesn't want to wait around while you shop and decide to pull the trigger. Now don't get in a huff and say I'm being mean or rude, I just hate when people talk things to death.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I hope you get your car, I really do but I can never understand a post like this. If your interested make a deal, if not don't. I'm sure the seller doesn't want to wait around while you shop and decide to pull the trigger. Now don't get in a huff and say I'm being mean or rude, I just hate when people talk things to death.
    Quite confused by this post considering he's not a tire kicker like you're implying. He clearly said "first week of July" he can stop down and see it. That doesn't mean the seller is obligated to hold onto the car until then. He's simply stating his interest. When did he say he's not making a deal, and when did he say he's shopping and hasn't decided to pull the trigger yet? Since god forbid he can't say it, I'll say it: you are being mean, rude, and are really, really overreacting, especially since the seller already responded to his post and didn't have any issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Quite confused by this post considering he's not a tire kicker like you're implying. He clearly said "first week of July" he can stop down and see it. That doesn't mean the seller is obligated to hold onto the car until then. He's simply stating his interest. When did he say he's not making a deal, and when did he say he's shopping and hasn't decided to pull the trigger yet? Since god forbid he can't say it, I'll say it: you are being mean, rude, and are really, really overreacting, especially since the seller already responded to his post and didn't have any issue with it.
    Listen Shep, I said I don't want to come across as mean and rude. But if you have been following his posts it seems this is a common theme. Whenever someone is selling a car there he is saying how he will be buying a car and maybe he will take a look. Why does he even have to say something? But I guess in this facebook generation everyone has to describe everything they are doing and will be doing.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Listen Shep, I said I don't want to come across as mean and rude. But if you have been following his posts it seems this is a common theme. Whenever someone is selling a car there he is saying how he will be buying a car and maybe he will take a look. Why does he even have to say something? But I guess in this facebook generation everyone has to describe everything they are doing and will be doing.
    To show interest? I don't know about you, but when I bought my D, I did the same thing he's doing: exploring all my options. Some didn't pan out, others never got back to me, one seller actually followed up with me without saying a word about another buyer until I offered him his asking price, full well knowing he had scheduled the would-be owner to see it prior to any of my interaction with him. It's just the nature of the game.

And anyways, unless I'm missing a thread somewhere, I don't see you selling a D. So what if he's not the kind of seller you like, no need to get all bent out of shape over it. What's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    To show interest? I don't know about you, but when I bought my D, I did the same thing he's doing: exploring all my options. Some didn't pan out, others never got back to me, one seller actually followed up with me without saying a word about another buyer until I offered him his asking price, full well knowing he had scheduled the would-be owner to see it prior to any of my interaction with him. It's just the nature of the game.

And anyways, unless I'm missing a thread somewhere, I don't see you selling a D. So what if he's not the kind of seller you like, no need to get all bent out of shape over it. What's the big deal?
    Not really getting bent out of shape at all. And not sure what me not selling a D has to do with it. When you were looking for a car would you post in other's for sale threads saying how you were buying a car, but just not now? Maybe you are that type of guy, that needs to let everyone know your business. I also like how you feel the need to defend Doug, like you know him or give a shit. If anything maybe Doug can hear what I'm saying as advice to keep his cards close when looking for a D. Like you said it's a game right?
    Barry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast