FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1981 Delorean going to be auctioned July 18th in Vermont

1981 Delorean going to be auctioned July 18th in Vermont

The estate of Dick Stride in Vermont is going to be auctioned on Saturday July 18th. Contact Uriah Wallace auctioneer for details 802-333-4386 you can see pictures on his web site.

1981 Delorean for sale in Vermont

To update the auction. The car did not sell at the auction. Knowone at the auction was interested....not one bid. So the car is still for sale you can call the owner Tabor Stride at 802-433-1592.

My VIN:    4519

It's a non-runner, and based on the pics of that estate it appears possible it was stored on a dirt floor.

I was going to check it out in person but had to work so I couldn't make it to the auction...were you there? How did it look underneath?

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Delorean for sale in Vermont needs work

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    It's a non-runner, and based on the pics of that estate it appears possible it was stored on a dirt floor.

I was going to check it out in person but had to work so I couldn't make it to the auction...were you there? How did it look underneath?
    Yes, the car was in a dirt floor garage and has not been on the road since 1996. I understand its a little rough in the undercarrage department. The owner told me they did put a battery in it and the engine is free. It needs a lot of work no matter how you look at it.

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

I was told they are looking to get $15,000 for the car.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by clenet View Post
    The car did not sell at the auction. Knowone at the auction was interested....not one bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    I was told they are looking to get $15,000 for the car.

Sounds like they'll be looking for a while....

Wow, if they're looking for that much.......they could've at least made it look a little better for the pics. Washed/scrubbed the car better, pressure wash the engine compartment, pressure wash the wheels and tires, put air in the tires, clean the interior and carpets and maybe even have it completely detailed. Overall the car looks decent and complete. I think the car would show very well with a good cleaning imo.

My VIN:    6125

Why a seller would ever send out pictures of any car in that state completely baffles me. They could have spent 5 minutes with a vacuum and thrown a bucket of water on the car and it would have made a big difference. At least push it onto pavement so there aren't still weeds shown growing up underneath it. With a good detailing and that car might actually look like it's worth 15k.

From the buyer's perspective seeing the car in that state gives an accurate picture of where the car has been stored, but it also requires a good imagination to see what the car could look like without the layers of dirt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast