FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Former Delorean Owner Getting Back Into Delorean's Again

Former Delorean Owner Getting Back Into Delorean's Again

Good Morning!

Well it's been awhile since I've been in a Delorean. I bought one in 2002 and then sold it in 2003/4 and since then it's changed hands twice but hasn't had more than 2k miles put on it since I sold it.

I located the owner and he was in a position to sell it so I'm excited to buy back my first and only Delorean.

I need to clean it up a bit so I'll eventually need help with all that, but mainly I need to repaint the facia (need the color code) and take out a small dent in the rear quarter panel (who knows someone whos good at fixing that?)

I'm located in Phoenix. I'd like to attend some events, and get to know everyone on here.

I'm also looking to Turbo the Delorean since I would like to enjoy some extra power. Is there a kit available?

Thanks,

Sean

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Wow very cool. Your story is similar to my own in reclaiming my former D. Welcome back to D ownership.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

nice! welcome back to the community!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Reverend View Post
    Good Morning!

Well it's been awhile since I've been in a Delorean. I bought one in 2002 and then sold it in 2003/4 and since then it's changed hands twice but hasn't had more than 2k miles put on it since I sold it.

I located the owner and he was in a position to sell it so I'm excited to buy back my first and only Delorean.

I need to clean it up a bit so I'll eventually need help with all that, but mainly I need to repaint the facia (need the color code) and take out a small dent in the rear quarter panel (who knows someone whos good at fixing that?)

I'm located in Phoenix. I'd like to attend some events, and get to know everyone on here.

I'm also looking to Turbo the Delorean since I would like to enjoy some extra power. Is there a kit available?

Thanks,

Sean
    Back in day there was 2 kits available. BAE single turbo and Island Twin Turbo. My friend has an Island Turbo on his and it seems to work well. DPI Josh could probably hook you up with a turbo kit.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Welcome back!
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Good thing your DeLorean stayed local! You don't hear a lot of people buying their own car back. Typical case of sellers remorse!

+1 on turbocharging it by the by! Although I'd rather see someone take the time and effort to slap a supercharger on top turbo's are more friendly for mpg's! AND there are kits available, unlike superchargers which would require extensive mods...
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

Yeah the previous owner lives in Rhode Island, I'm flying out in a few weeks to drive it back to Phoenix.

Just wanted to update the thread.

I finally got my car last night, was beyond excited to walk up to the car transport and see it just chilling there, ready to be unloaded. Reminding me of that scene from BTTF where the Delorean is first revealed.

Took me awhile to remember where headlights and reverse were again lol. But after everything got situated, I took the D to a car show and hung out for awhile, ahh such bliss.

She isn't free of issues however, I don't have working turn signals (but hazards work) need to put the interior back together (previous owner took it out), need a light for the license plate, the door lights are not operational, the fuel gas gauge always shows as full, the a/c won't stay charged, and I haven't noticed anything else wrong (yet) besides what I just listed. So any help is appreciated.

It's amazing, after I bought it in 2002, it had 56k miles on it, and after two owners - Lauren P in Tucson AZ and then to Jason S in MA, the car still has under 59k original miles on it. I plan on making it my daily

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I need to clean it up a bit so I'll eventually need help with all that, but mainly I need to repaint the facia (need the color code)....
    Glad to see you came back to your senses.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?349-Paint-Codes

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It's amazing, after I bought it in 2002, it had 56k miles on it, and after two owners - Lauren P in Tucson AZ and then to Jason S in MA, the car still has under 59k original miles on it. I plan on making it my daily
    Its none of my business what you paid for it, but just out of curiosity, did you manage to get a bargain?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast