FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: rebuild or salvage title?

My VIN:    6982

rebuild or salvage title?

looking for a delorean with a rebuild title or salvage title. I know theres not many of those around but figured id give it a shot.

please respond with a personal message on here.

-Joe

My VIN:    05457

Have you tried reaching out to the vendors? I bet they have salvage title cars they are using as parts cars they may be willing to sell. It seems like 3-5 Ds get totaled every year (that we hear about) so I would think you wouldn't have trouble finding one if you know who to ask, especially if it doesn't need to be running.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Is this just because you're looking for a low cost DeLorean or is there another reason?

Personally, I would never buy a car with a salvage title if I could avoid it. It doesn't matter how nice you make it, it will still never not have a salvage title.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Is this just because you're looking for a low cost DeLorean or is there another reason?

Personally, I would never buy a car with a salvage title if I could avoid it. It doesn't matter how nice you make it, it will still never not have a salvage title.
    That is something to seriously consider. We covered this in another thread, but it bears repeating that there are such strict limits on salvage titles, that unless you're going to keep this car forever, and never move out of state, the hassle of a salvage title isn't worth it.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    891, 1045

Salvage title cars are only an issue for those that are worried about resale value. If they've been repaired properly they're just as sound or better than other DeLoreans on the road.

Are you looking for a running/driving car or one that you will work on and restore?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Am I having da-ja-vue?
    I loves my grooves!