FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: NLA parts tracker

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    The options are:
    Conical Boots: http://www.pacificcustoms.com/ac501111b-930.html

Attachment 39556

If I still had the stock boot flanges, I'd be using these. The extra ridges ensure that the rubber never exceeds the elastic range when the joint pivots and rotates. The stock boots can be under a lot of stress when fully the joint is at its extreme angle.
    Hey Nick thanks for the great info. However, having the right clamp is almost just as important. I saw this as a related product. Would you use a clap like this? Thanks

image.jpg
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Hey Nick thanks for the great info. However, having the right clamp is almost just as important. I saw this as a related product. Would you use a clap like this? Thanks

image.jpg
    As long as it is for the right size flange, yes it will work. Hose clamps will work, you just need to be aware of how wide they are. Usually you need narrower than normal hose clamps. Some of the vendors actually just sell large zip ties with the boots to keep the boots on now. I tried this the last time I did original boots but couldn't get it tight enough to keep the boot from slipping off the flange during operation. Could be because of my transmission being a tiny bit more forward but still.

I usually just buy CV boot clamps from McMaster to fit the size that I need. They look like this:
    l_hcv2.jpg

You do have to have a crimping tool, which they sell at most autoparts stores and online.
    21ITCcUCOoL.jpg

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

No Longer Available.
    Glove Box Lid (Black Car) 101321.
    (Grey Car) 110438.
    I witnessed Toby of DMC Northwest disassemble one and drill out the rivets in order to remove the corrosion covering the black painted metal plate that is on the underside of the vinyl laminate.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6