FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: High Energy Ignition (HEI)

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I think Martin's beef is Bill's willingness to share his happiness that has only been tested on his car, and maybe a few other , for a relatively short amount of time then claim outstanding results from his personal use as hard tested facts.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    All too often someone gets the idea that bolting in a new, different part will give them better performance, gas mileage, reliability, <blank> etc. You can fill in the blanks. If it was that easy the original manufacturer would have done it. In some cases they actually do see some improvement only because the part they replaced was old, worn, the wrong one, or defective. There is little if anything to be gained by putting "performance" parts into the ignition system. If every part you could bolt on to the car added the performance each claimed you could theoretically double the HP of the car. Who is going to believe THAT! A BIG problem with deviating from stock is that it becomes near impossible for anyone to help when the car has a problem. Too many variables and no good place to start troubleshooting. For a street driven car reliability is very important. To a big extant more important than a small, temporary increase in performance. Another thing to remember is most systems are like chains. Only as strong as the weakest link meaning if you don't improve the WHOLE system, improving one part of it does not improve what the whole system can do. As Martin said, "Show Me!" Put it on a dyno and show the numbers. Till then it is just a pretty and expensive part. I swear that my car always runs better after I clean it or change the oil. A very subjective effect. After spending money on a performance part you expect the car to run better, faster, etc!
    David Teitelbaum
    +1
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    You will get a small performance boost. High winding coils produce more secondary voltage than low winding coils can from the exact same input voltage.

Bill Robertson
    I agree with the others -- Not by changing out a good stock coil alone. The stock coil can supply all the energy the stock plugs need to fire correctly. The perfect coil will only produce enough energy to fire the plug, no matter how many gazillawatts it has "in reserve".

Now if you changed other things, like the plug gap, plug itself, cap-rotor gap, button resistance, etc. you may have stumbled on a combination that performs better and I too would like to see it -- strictly ignition mods, not what you had to do to your carb setup to get it all where you liked it (another interesting story).

Banned

Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson

Ok, this video shows us that one car paced traffic and another didn't. I wouldn't hold your breath on Mythbusters to come a knocking as an adviser on how to test and compare things. Now these guys may :

eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

Ok, this video shows us that one car paced traffic and another didn't. I wouldn't hold your breath on Mythbusters to come a knocking as an adviser on how to test and compare things.
    Oh boy, that is a stretch. So the delorean with the camera cant even outrun the truck next to it going 35? Agreed, the camera car isnt even trying.
    Soundkillr was here.

Banned

I simply asked a simple question: of the two DeLoreans in that film clip, which one accelerated faster -- the one in front or the one in back?

This isn't a hard question boys. Even if you make a blind guess, you have a 50% chance of getting the correct answer.

Bill Robertson

I simply asked a simple question: of the two DeLoreans in that film clip, which one accelerated faster -- the one in front or the one in back?
    And this is telling us what? The guy in the back chose not to accelerate? The guy in the back is in a sluggish automatic? The guy in the back is running on solar power?

This isn't a hard question boys. Even if you make a blind guess, you have a 50% chance of getting the correct answer.

Bill Robertson
    Bill, who cares if they were not engaged in a power contest. Which one slowed faster, or had better fuel economy in that film? Who cares, its not relevant. If the lead car passed a viper does that mean its faster. Even if the viper was parked?
    Soundkillr was here.

Banned

Nobody's trying to prove anything -- I just asked a simple question: of the two DeLoreans in that film clip, which one accelerated faster?

If you don't know, at least guess.

Bill Robertson

Nobody's trying to prove anything -- I just asked a simple question: of the two DeLoreans in that film clip, which one accelerated faster?

If you don't know, at least guess.

Bill Robertson
    what about my questions? Will they go unanswered? How will I ever sleep tonight?
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast