FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: FL Delorean - Ebay listing

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

FL Delorean - Ebay listing

What's going on in these engine photos? http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC12-/252313345609

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

You have never seen colored vacuum hoses and braided fuel lines before?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You have never seen colored vacuum hoses and braided fuel lines before?
    Something struck me as unusual, but if all looks good to you guys, then great! Looks like a nice D...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I didn't say it looked good, I think the blue lines are ugly, then again I have LED's under my engine.

Not sure why there is a pressure gauge is attached to the CPR though and the description is pretty vague. I never understood why people list a car with a 3 or 4 sentance description. You attract more bidders with a well written and detailed description as well as good large pics and lots of them.

That engine bay looks 100 years old to have an "extensive rebuild"
    Last edited by Michael; 03-08-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That engine bay looks 100 years old to have an "extensive rebuild"
    Agreed, there is so much rust in there.

My VIN:    6585

I hate nitpicking. It seems so negative. But this car kinda needs it.

Neverminding the mismatched screws around the license plate frame, a missing Escutcheon on the passenger side door (though don't worry about the blanking plate, that's perfectly safe in the console tray with some other random bits), there are some serious concerns. First off is that rust across the support in the back and almost every other bit of steel hardware. Which is accompanied by a lovely coating of sand all across the engine, and even the driver's side carpet, but devoid of undercarriage shots. So we just might have a big problem with rust here with all that damn beach sand. But mostly I'm worried about the Passenger Seat pushed forward, along with the missing bolts on the filter box atop the engine and that unnecessarily permanent fuel pressure gauge. My guess is that this car has problems. The biggest one is an inept mechanic who left all the telltale signs of someone who has a problem car. Starting again with that fuel pressure gauge, and possibly working back to a bad battery and someone who constantly has to pop the air filter in order to spray Ether into the engine to get it to start.

Starting Fluid: Because sometimes you're just not smart enough to know how to repair a carburetor, let alone Fuel Injection.

As-is, I'd go $10k-$12K. And that's up from a gut of $8k with the difference being a few cosmetic items and the gas flap hood. If the seller wants more money, they need not be so damn lazy and present a better verbal description along with the photos and other proof to back it up.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    The biggest one is an inept mechanic....
    But he speaks so highly of you, Rob!

I'm with Michael about the baby blue vacuum lines (and if you look closely, also the CAI) however I have always liked the dark blue braided fuel lines, which I'll someday buy for my car. I do like the right blues in an engine bay. Probably because it reminds me of my Dads old '79 RX-7.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    But he speaks so highly of you, Rob!
    He who?

Also, I one day want a vintage rotary as well. '73 RX-3 Wagon is on my list.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    5482

It appears they skipped the replacement of the return fuel line, which I can attest is a royal pain to replace correctly.

Other than that, the rust, and leaving the gauge in the loop, I'm not judging this too hard. I'm certainly guilty of throwing money and parts at my K-Jet setup in trying to get rid of the demons.
    Jeff