FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet engine conversion

Chevrolet engine conversion

My v8 engine conversion is finally nearing completion---over the past 9 months I have built and installed a 327 SBC--10.5 /1 pistons, aluminum heads, intake, cam, headers, HEI ignition. balanced assembly, etc. Runs/drives very well---only have about 75 break in miles so far.

If there is anyone interest in more details about the conversion, I can post more info, with pictures later.

Leroy

My VIN:    07000

Id like to know more, as mine came with a 350 conversion and it would be nice to see how you did yours- I'm going to guess it was probably a similar process. And are you running a carb or fuel infected throttle body?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by leroylem View Post

If there is anyone interest in more details about the conversion, I can post more info, with pictures later.

Leroy
    I'm interested in literally every aspect! Happy to hear it's gone together so well. Any photos you can post would be awesome!

My VIN:    4115

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'm interested in literally every aspect! Happy to hear it's gone together so well. Any photos you can post would be awesome!
    ^^^ This. +1

Trying to provide more details----keeps telling me not logged in---log in again, then find lost information that showed auto saved?????Have requested Administrator help???
    Leroy

chevrolet engine conversion

Additional info--
    1. SBC 327--fully built to approx. 400 HP
    2. Aluminum Bellhousing engine to transaxle adapter
    3. GM 153 tooth flywheel drilled to accept Delorean clutch assembly
    4. original hydraulic clutch master and slave--slave mounting modified to "pull" the clutch fork(original PRV pushes the fork)
    5. Fabricated engine mounts to original crossmember---made adapter brackets to move transaxle 2.25 inches forward
    6. Custom built exhaust from 2" mandrel J bent and U bent exhaust tubing---14" turbo mufflers
    7. 6-7 PSI external fuel pump
    8. Electric water pump---more rear clearance
    9. no suspension, steering, brake upgrades as of now--no electrical upgrades---I already had upgraded to 130 Amp alternator

A few things yet to do--AC compressor is mounted and wired---have to connect the hoses, and build a bracket in an accessable location to mount the service ports. Also have to interface the original tach with the 8 cylinder HEI ignition

Pictures hopefully next week---also Thanks to Nick R---his LS1 conversion inspired me--he offered invaluable information early on---

Leroy 2126

My VIN:    07000

Nice! Can't wait to see pics. Mine has the mounts also welded to the crossmember. I wonder if they shifted the transaxle on it as well..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images

Do you have a web-site where you document (show-off ) your upgrade, that you don't mind publishing? I'm assuming this is VIN 2126 based on later post. Information needed for the record books, of course.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Trying to provide more details----keeps telling me not logged in---log in again, then find lost information that showed auto saved?????Have requested Administrator help???
    Leroy
    Make sure you click the "Remember Me" check box when you log in. Clearing your browser's cache will require you to do it again.

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Please share some photos and any info on what the most difficult part of the build was.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast