FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glove box catch

Club(s):   (DCF)

Glove box catch

My glove box catch is broken & I have ordered a new one. Does anyone have any information on how to remove the old catch from the glove box lid? Thanks!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jaygeorge23 View Post
    My glove box catch is broken & I have ordered a new one. Does anyone have any information on how to remove the old catch from the glove box lid? Thanks!
    There is a plastic clip that holds it in place. Slide it out.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    There is a plastic clip that holds it in place. Slide it out.
    That's the info I needed. Thanks Dave!

My VIN:    3757

If you glove box does not have a latch, the light will stay on and drain the battery... Put something heavy on the door to keep the light off... Ask me how I know...lol

Craig

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    If you glove box does not have a latch, the light will stay on and drain the battery... Put something heavy on the door to keep the light off... Ask me how I know...lol

Craig
    Unplug the bulb. The glovebox light is pretty useless since you can't actually see into the glovebox anyway.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5180

Unplug the bulb. The glovebox light is pretty useless since you can't actually see into the glovebox anyway.
    So is the glove box, as it's a PITA to get things out of it while your seated in the car. I resorted to using a very large zip-lock bag to put stuff in and place the bag of items the glove box compartment. If I need something, I can pop the lid and easily grab the bag and all the contents of items stored in the glove box. None of which are actually gloves
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3937

lol, yea, I've looked into the glovebox standing outside and through the windshield sometimes!

And you definitely can't see/reach it well when seated as the driver. Good place to route/keep an iPod that stays connected to the stereo is about all.

I was surprised how hot that bulb gets... and quickly! Good example of the LED/incandescent upgrade power difference.

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Couple questions on glove boxes....

Does anyone have a picture of the catch plate bracket installed ? This would be part #21 on DMCH website. I'm guessing this attaches to the dashboard, and you might have to have the passenger knee pad off to see it?

Part #20 is the catch plate striker, and it is mounted to a large metal molded bar that attaches to the glove box liner itself. This metal bar also holds the switch that turns the light on and off. Does that metal bar attach to the glove box liner by screws or rivets?

Is there an LED replacement handy for the glove box light?

There are 8 screws that mount the hinges that hold the glove box lid...yet the website says part #17 quantity of 4 needed. Which ones are the other 4 needed??
    I'm guessing the lower 4 screws/bolts must mount directly into the dashboard itself? I have a new dashboard, with no pre-drilled holes in it, and my old original dash is long gone so I have no reference. I would assume it might be better to use bolts and nuts on the backside of the new dash as opposed to using screws as this way would be one and done?

I only have in my possession what is pictured below. My box was removed about 10 years ago, and this is all I can find as of now. I'm trying to see how all of this goes together and piece together what is missing, but the website is frustrating because I cannot zoom in !!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    4115

Not only do I appreciate it when a long-dead thread gets resurrected, I appreciate it even more when it involves something that happened to me just yesterday. The left side of my glove box latch spring-launched its little metal clip clear across the car. I couldn't get it back in there, and likely ended up bollocks-ing it up in the process. So I'm ordering a new latch.

My VIN:    3997

I hate the glove box on these cars. Mine has never really latched properly and the glove box lid itself has never really been flat with the dash.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast