FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Thoughts on a Car

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Thoughts on a Car

Car for sale not too far from me and while I am not relentlessly hunting for a D, I still want one down the road.

Anyway looking for quick impressions on a car: https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5721863317.html

Driver side door is mega misaligned. Owner says as much but the photos bear it out as well. Droopy eye lids as well as dings. Hard to say much else without seeing it in person, but guy is asking $14,500. Rust is a big concern up here so that would merit looking into.

d1.jpgd3.jpgd2.jpg

My VIN:    6585

Hard to say without inspecting the vehicle in person. Hell, the door might be just fine, and it's the rear quarter panel that needs adjustment.

Definitely check the car for rust through.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    Between VINs

Wide side stripe on only one side. Interesting choice.

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Wide side stripe on only one side. Interesting choice.
    Well, you can only see one side of the car at a time, right? Photographs are cheating!

Nice price

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

No comment on the price. Lots of unknowns on this one so far.

One new comment on the condition seen in these few small photos: Check the front tires. They look way oversize. Could affect fender clearance, speedometer, handling, originality. Maybe it's just the photo...or maybe that size, if larger, works for you.
    Last edited by Rich; 08-11-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    3937

Not much else to say from minimal photos and description. Go see it if practical, otherwise move on.

~~~

Is the place really called "Mechanic Falls?" How's that for a bad omen-car repair named town. Might as well call it "Unluckyville" lol. Like a Major League Baseball pitcher named "Balfour."

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    Car for sale not too far from me and while I am not relentlessly hunting for a D, I still want one down the road.

Anyway looking for quick impressions on a car: https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5721863317.html

Driver side door is mega misaligned. Owner says as much but the photos bear it out as well. Droopy eye lids as well as dings. Hard to say much else without seeing it in person, but guy is asking $14,500. Rust is a big concern up here so that would merit looking into.

d1.jpgd3.jpgd2.jpg
    Reminds me a lot of my car when I bought it. You need pics of the underside and an onsite inspection next.
    Jeff

My VIN:    10907

Exterior condition isn't always an indicator of what's under the hood (my CRX looks like a refugee from a salvage yard but it's never left me stranded) but statistically, a lot of the time it is. Whether the car's a good fit for you depends how much time/money you're prepared to put in to get it in good running condition - my just-purchased D had already had a lot of work done by the seller and still needed another $6K from DMCMW to get to the point where I feel 95% good about driving it back to my house from Chicago, and Dave was telling me that sometimes they get "barn cars" that need $30K worth of stuff done. Definitely check the frame/undercarriage before you commit, since it sounds like it's spent a lot of time outside.