FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean World Tour

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Set-Back in the Outback

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Good to see that the Daily Mail Oz is just as good as the Daily Mail in the UK, in accurate journalism

Seems like that area of Australia (or possibly all of it) have strict laws on quarantine to prevent anything being brought in that may damage the flora and fauna. Nothing to do with being "impounded by the Police" nor being "unroadworthy". Most likely they picked up some unwanted hitch-hikker insects in Asia
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

The latest news is that they're out of quarantine and back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Good to see that the Daily Mail Oz is just as good as the Daily Mail in the UK, in accurate journalism
    Well, this is the same place where journalism gives us front page news such as these:

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Now in Sydney. Looks like they did go to Melbourne in the end. Did the Ozzie on here met up with them?
    I loves my grooves!

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 88KPH View Post
    Now in Sydney. Looks like they did go to Melbourne in the end. Did the Ozzie on here met up with them?
    They are almost out of Sydney and yes, they got to Melbourne. The cars are ready to go to Vancouver BC while the team takes a break in Germany.

Their travel blog says they enjoyed connecting with a local D owner, John Frisina. http://www.deloreanworldtour.com/

These blog entries read from the most recent at the top:

12/18/2015 Sydney (Australia)

Yesterday evening we received the message of our Shipping-Agent here in Sydney that the Delorean must be delivered today at the warehouse for container shipping. For days we had not received any information, despite requests, suddenly everything has to happen quickly. OK, so in the evening we sorted our equipment and everything we do not take back with us to Germany was stowed in the car.

This morning we had first a stop at the car wash to wash the dust and mud of Australia of the cars, because when imported into Canada the cars have to be tidy and clean.

Then we went to CargoTransport at the port, where we were already expected. We parked the DeLorean in the hall, because the container had not been on the spot, the car documents we left at the Office.

In the afternoon we received the documents inspected by customs back, Monday morning the container loading takes place and the journey across the Pacific to Vancouver begins.
    We booked our flight home to Germany for Tuesday, 12/22/2015, then we fly over Hong Kong to Frankfurt.

Once again we must thank John Frisina, he arranged our return trip from the harbor to the hotel, picked up the finished customs documents for cargo transport in the afternoon and showed us later that evening Sydney at night. Thank you very much, John!

Day 104

Created on Thursday, 17 December 2015 10:35

12/17/2015 Sydney (Australia)

Together with John Frisina as a guide, we started at half past twelve for sightseeing in Sydney. He is very familiar in the city and led us to some lookouts with fantastic views of opera, Harbour Bridge and the city skyline.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by 88KPH View Post
    If you are referring to me in Melbourne, yes! I did catch up with them across the 2 days.

I think you can see the Melbourne pics without being signed in on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/SIMid/media...3259916&type=3
    Day 1

https://www.facebook.com/SIMid/media...3259916&type=3
    Day 2

Some interesting modifications as well, in the Day 2 album.

My VIN:    PILOT21 #01178 #04389dwt2 #...

merry christmas!

...to everybody who like the Delorean World Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-00CDRXKk
    Cars are built for driving and not just for watching and stand in a museum. No exceptions.
    A car in a garage is safe, but this is not what a car is built for.

Eurofest 2016

Congratulations to the DeLorean World Tour Team after their epic journey last year. We wish them every success as they continue their global trip next month starting in Canada with USA and Mexico featured. Then finally via Iceland to Europe and certainly a fantastic finishing reception in Belfast Northern Ireland at Eurofest 2016.
    The DeLorean World Tour cars will be the first on the original test track when they visit the factory in Dunmurry on Friday 27th May 2016.
    Hope you can join us!
    http://eurofest.deloreanowners.org/

My VIN:    05141

This is one of the Eurofest highlights, I'm looking forward to see these guys come in.
    Ferry and hotel are already booked, event booking comes next.

Counting down......

Steering with power

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Klaus, according to the dwt website you were thinking that the first leg would cover 20.000km / 12,400 miles.

Do you have an accurate odometer reading for the trip so far?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast