FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: BlazeCut (automatic fire suppressor) installation

My VIN:    10907

Question BlazeCut (automatic fire suppressor) installation

So I got one of these after seeing it talked about here. I know there's some question about how effective it would be in the D's vented engine compartment, but I figured if it buys me some extra time to get back there with a regular extinguisher, it's worth it.

The pictures I've seen here of it installed showed it attached to the engine cover as it comes out of the box (wrapped in concentric circles) , like so: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...l=1#post197273

But the pictures on the box show it threaded around the top of the engine itself, or attached to the hood (of a normal car, obviously) in an M or S shape. What way is best for maximum coverage of the D's engine compartment layout?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

That is my car. I've since opened the loop up a lot, but not to the point where it is extending past the vents on the lower cover. Ultimately I would liked to have done a large 'C' shape with the ends pointing inwards I don't have enough tube. I positioned this pretty much over my fuel injectors / rails - obviously I have a different engine and fuel system and my leak points are few compared to stock but I guess it doesn't matter much if you have a spraying fuel leak.
    Last edited by dn010; 10-18-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Ideally you would put it over the areas most likely to have a fire in the first place. That would mainly be where you have the fuel system and it's hoses. These types of systems are not meant to put out the fire. All they are for is to buy you a little extra time to get out of the car. If fire is that much of a concern you should keep a good fire extinguisher handy and have it checked every year and know how to use it. If you do keep one in the car the chances are much higher you will be using it to put out someone else's car!
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I would buy six of the 3' lengths and zip tie them to each fuel line
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10907

This is what I ended up doing with it.

IMG_20161018_210301.jpg

I didn't want to put it too close to the A/C belt in case it would hit it, and it looked like most of the fuel lines came in on the drivers side and the electrical stuff was toward the front of the compartment. Y/N?

(It still took me like 45 minutes just to stick this thing on, if anybody wonders why I usually don't even attempt to do my own work...)

My VIN:    10270

I tried to install mine in a "C" or "W" shape by using the cover hinge bolts to hold some soft clamps. There was too much interference from various engine compartment bits. In the end I did the big circle over the fuel lines, too.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection