FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broken Passenger Side Mirror

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Broken Passenger Side Mirror

Is the assembly removed from the door yet?

To remove the mirror(glass), you warm it up with a hairdryer. Then carefully work a narrow putty knife or butter knife in between the glass and plastic backer. Start at the inside lower corner. It helps to have the mirror adjusted so the corner is proud. Gently pry the glass and foam sticky tape away from the plastic backer. Once they are removed you should be able to see the fixing screws that hold the motor assembly into the housing via openings in the plastic mirror mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Dennis beat me to it. Sounds about right. The last task is compressing the washers while installing the retainer clip.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    I'd like to order to clip from you. How do you get the mirror off?
    It's in the mail Shannon. Let us know how it works out.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Dennis beat me to it. Sounds about right. The last task is compressing the washers while installing the retainer clip.
    Rob

Rob,

Is the clip you supply the same as the original?

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Pardon my intrusion here, but you say the motor can be accessed with the glass gone - can the motor be removed? My driver side must have a short, every time I press the adjust button the fuse blows. I can't seem to get it into the proper position even by pushing on the glass so I'd like to take it apart if possible...
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Pardon my intrusion here, but you say the motor can be accessed with the glass gone - can the motor be removed? My driver side must have a short, every time I press the adjust button the fuse blows. I can't seem to get it into the proper position even by pushing on the glass so I'd like to take it apart if possible...
    Yes

DENNIS

Thank you.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Thank you.
    Well when say motor, its not removable in the traditional sense. It an actuator servo assembly. The actuator assembly is removable from the mirror housing. But it is not available as an individual part.

DENNIS

Damn, maybe I should have started a new thread on this. I guess I'll tear into it this weekend and see what I'm up against.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Yes

Correct. But the motor needn't be removed to fix the pivot however as in Shannon's case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast