FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while....what's good in the Delorean suspension world?

suspension

I have Josh DPI coil over kit, shocks etc. and so far there great, to me they look great and the vehicle rides awesome. I don't really drive it hard but wanted to have a set up like this anyway. I had posted some pictures previously of it going on but I like the stainless LCA.

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Correction: AVO shocks.
    Ah yeah, thanks.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

If you are not interested in a full suspension upgrade as with what we offer the AVO option is the next best bet. I highly recommend buying these directly from the original source vendor in this community before DMCH started using the option. Contact Ed at DeLorean Europe directly for these.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    If you are not interested in a full suspension upgrade as with what we offer the AVO option is the next best bet. I highly recommend buying these directly from the original source vendor in this community before DMCH started using the option. Contact Ed at DeLorean Europe directly for these.
    Thanks Josh!

If my LCA wasn't in impeccably good shape, I'd probably be considering your setup. I wish you had a slightly lower end "middle of the road" type option, but I know you have a reputation to maintain!

I'm still super happy with my DPI Exhaust, btw.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I plan on ordering these soon, is there a "starter" setting I should dial in on them and then go up/down from there?
    Yes, I would suggest 5 clicks from the bottom setting and evaluate from there. Its really easy to adjust... I have done it without the car on a lift.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Josh, is there a technical difference in this part by vendor?

Other than that, as discussed in the thread I linked to above, all of the DMCx locations and Rob Grady now carry Ed's AVO setup. Whatever your motivation for supporting or not supporting a vendor, be it an original source, one that has good customer service, supporting your local service provider, price, etc., the point is as customers, we now have competition on this great part.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

No technical difference. I just believe that the vendor who originally brings something to market should get the business. I buy a few items from Ed and do not then market these to the community. I use in shop on builds etc when required or for service work. I feel vendors should be awarded business based on what they create. This is why I do not sell the majority of our products to other vendors. As I don't want confusion on where it came from. For example if a vendor needs an exhaust system I sell directly to the customer not the vendor. Works great. I pointed Ed out directly in this case because he and I are the only ones manufacturing on an insane level for the community. This is evident in our constant new product posts normally on FB where others not not doing the same. IE our reinvestment rate individually outweighs all other efforts combined.

And its nothing against others. This is just how it is.
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 01-07-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

No technical difference. I just believe that the vendor who originally brings something to market should get the business.
    I agree with this, but some customers may have other priorities. Actually, as I reviewed my restoration spreadsheet, I did buy my shock set from Ed... it's been a while. Ed is a great guy, with good communication, and he's customer service oriented, as are the DMC franchisees, Rob Grady, and the U.K. Delorean club to name a few that I have bought parts from.

From a customer's perspective, the whole collection of various parts (NOS,reproduction,improved,and new innovations), and the choice between vendors makes ownership very satisfying. It allows us to restore this orphan car to a high standard based on our goals.
    Dana

My VIN:    10644

I bought mine from DMCMW because they had them in stock and were able to ship ultra-fast. I prioritize the shops that are easy to communicate with and that will follow through with their products and promises. It's nothing against others. It's just how it is.

My VIN:    16409

I now have the AVO shocks in my car. They are a nice option. I bought mine from Ed as he had the best price. He ships orders super quick, and FedEx delivers fast. I come my order in less than a week!
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast