FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Last Photograph taken at the DeLorean plant in Dunmurry

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post

I've only seen this rear valance (which is actually part of the rear fascia) on one car - the Visioneering car which was used for many early press photos and the 1980 NADA show, per Barrie Wills. Also per Barrie, this car was also sent to Dunmurry for the "family night" at the factory and later flown back to the states where it had was used for testing of a couple different side stripe designs - I've got photos of those around here somewhere.

The earliest photos of the Visioneering car are easy to identify because the wheels are not actually wheels, but casts of the wheel, made into "hubcaps" and pressed on to the wheels. As soon as wheels were available, they were quickly put on the car.

IIRC, Tom Vertin also told me that Nick Fulcher flew to the states to finish up the interior of this car, as well. Maybe Al can ask him to confirm?

I've posted all the photos/press clipings of the Visioneering car(that were provided to me by Visioneering that were taken as the car was being built in Detroit in 1979) to the DeLorean Museum page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/deloreanmuseum

James

Thanks for sharing the Visioneering car pics today. One of my favorite pieces of DeLorean history. I'm looking forward to more pics of this kind being shared by The DeLorean Museum.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Attaching a 3/4 rear view of what may be Pilot 22 (D22 on the PJ Grady UK website)
    or just another view of the Visoneering Car, as James mentioned earlier.

D22.jpg

Another DeLorean owner pointed out the similarities in the rear view photo from Nick
    and this photo, including the straps under the car in similar locations.

Note the "short" louvers and the lower valance on the rear fascia, which may point
    to its identity as the Visoneering Car, as James indicated.

I can also confirm that the Visoneering Car had fabricated "hubcaps" that were made
    with some type of resin compound(s). I have photos of the "caps" being made, most
    likely where the Visoneering Car was being assembled. I showed the photos to Nick
    recently, so I should be able to find one or two to post, from my photo archive.

Later,
    Rich W.

If DMCH have the blueprints for the lower valance I think this would be a great "new" accessory to offer that I'm sure would be a hit. I know I'd add the piece to my car, I don't know why it was deleted from the production car.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    the Amex brochure showed a "gold-colored" D prototype (sliding windows) that had a gas flap hood.
    Regardless of what was written elsewhere, C.R. Brown told me that they used the Visioneering car for the photos, and the "gold color" was added in the printing process.
    ive always thought the Amex brochure looked 'colorized,' thanks for the info.

...The spare [gold] parts (one door was damaged) were held by DMC in Irvine. These parts (along with all the rest of the spares) were acquired by Consolidated, and shortly thereafter sold to Kapac. Jeff Abrams was in Irvine and saw the spare set of gold panels and had the idea to take one of the training cars that they found in Dunmurry and skin it with the spare set of panels and use one of the extra tan interiors in it, as well.
    does anyone know what happened to the damaged gold door? was it just stripped and replated? if not, it would definitely be a neat piece for the museum...
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXBD001292 SCEDT26T6DD020098

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Not to get much more off topic...

Yes, both doors have the "V20111" written in marker along with my key code. The sticker on the underside of the column cover is yellow with "20098" written in blue pen as well as the same key code found on the doors.

1981 style exhaust, riveted dash and driver side VIN plates, frame number 009692 and engine number 000010196.

Both doors? Is the sticker still on bottom of your steering column? What does it say?

Here is a photo of the new door with VIN 20116 (and some other cave art).

James
    - Josh

SCEDT26TXBD001292: Black 5 spd - Holley EFI 3.0L PRV - Custom TwinTurbo by DeLorean Industries
    SCEDT26T6DD020098: Grey 5 spd - K-Jet CIS 2.85L PRV

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Close, but not quite. The spare parts (one door was damaged) were held by DMC in Irvine. These parts (along with all the rest of the spares) were acquired by Consolidated, and shortly thereafter sold to Kapac. Jeff Abrams was in Irvine and saw the spare set of gold panels and had the idea to take one of the training cars that they found in Dunmurry and skin it with the spare set of panels and use one of the extra tan interiors in it, as well.

James
    James. Where did the actual vin plate come from then. Were there some loose vin plates shipped from the factory after it went under?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by tjd View Post
    If DMCH have the blueprints for the lower valance I think this would be a great "new" accessory to offer that I'm sure would be a hit. I know I'd add the piece to my car, I don't know why it was deleted from the production car.
    I have always wanted something to shield my alternator from splashes and help the rear end look more finished;'this would accomplish both. I think it's a definite win if it goes into production!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

that would be cool, does anyone have some clearer photos of the lower valance?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    5875

Nick and James, thank you for sharing the photo's.

On the Visioneering car, I noticed the fascia was made from fiberglass. Was this something they had thought of doing for production cars as well?
    Andy Garand

My VIN:    7075

Can somebody help me out and say why the Visioneering car is called Visioneering car?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast