FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Ebay Classifieds

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Ebay Classifieds

I will bet only one percent of you have heard of Ebay Classifieds. “Ebay classifieds? What’s that?” You say.
    Every time I mention Ebay Classifieds people are like, “Really? I’ve never heard of it.”
    Ebay Classifieds is a free marketplace to post up to eight pictures and a text description for free. It works similarly like Craigslist. When you enter Ebay Classifieds it asks for your Zip Code so it can show you categories for your area.
    Go to http://www.ebay.com and on the left side click on Classifieds.

Take this ad for example. It shows the underside of a 1985 Esprit. The mild steel zinc coated back bone frame is like the DeLorean with the upper and lower links and the Trailing Arm at the rear. The front is similar too with the Lower Control Arm (Lower Link) and upper A-Arm (Wishbone). On both cars the ends of the Anti-Roll Bar is attached to the LCA. Yes, I know not everything is exactly the same but you get the idea. The DeLorean was engineered by Lotus to be like the Esprit.
    http://seattle.ebayclassifieds.com/c...i/?ad=12950404
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Interesting pic of the front suspension from that ad:

1985 lotus esprit front suspension.jpg

Looks like an identical setup to DMC in terms of the lower arm, the anti-roll bar, and the method of attaching the anti-roll bar directly to the lower arm (i.e. not using a drop link).

But then the interesting bit, looks like a solid link has been added between the lower arm and the frame extension to triangulate it, effectively turning it into a lower wishbone.

With the way the anti-roll bar is attached, it would seem that this extra lower link would put a lot of stress on the anti-roll bar mounting points, as it would not allow any movement as the wheel travels up and down - which is why Ed Uding allowed for some flex in his lower control arm supports upgrade.

Does anyone know if this is a common mod to a Lotus Esprit?

Thanks,
    John

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    I will bet only one percent of you have heard of Ebay Classifieds. “Ebay classifieds? What’s that?” You say.
    News to me! Of course Im not very ebay savvy anyhow.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

So what's ebay's angle on this? It would appear that it would do them out of the main ebay auction fees?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Just a little friendly reminder of Ebay Classifieds.
    When you want to look for something across the entire U.S. in the Miles pull down menu choose All US.
    I found three Lotus Esprits for sale and five DeLoreans.
    Ugh. I just realized two of the DeLoreans for sale are the same one and posted by the same person who doesn’t know how to spell. And they probably don’t realize you are allowed up to eight pictures per ad and over a hundred words to describe your item although I don’t how many words is the max.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    So what's ebay's angle on this? It would appear that it would do them out of the main ebay auction fees?
    I think I read somewhere that eBay is the current owner of Craigslist. Im sure they have some sort of evil plan in the works.

Remember when everyone was amazed how Google was able to run their business for years without displaying any advertisements?