FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you use for a Smartphone Mount?

My VIN:    10162

What do you use for a Smartphone Mount?

I was just wondering what you guys use in your DeLoreans for your smartphone mounts? I have been using one that just sticks to the windshield on left. This works ok I guess but I feel like I am giving up a bit of visibility on the A pillar. Also its a bit of a reach when I need to use the phone. Ideally I would like something in the middle console. I tried one that clips into the vents but it felt really unstable, but if you guys have found something that works better I'd like to know.

I didn't see any new threads addressing this, but if I missed something feel free to close this.
    10162, 1982, Grey Interior, Manual, Stage II Engine and Exhaust

My VIN:    10270

I built this little guy about an hour before driving to DCS2016. Aluminum bar stock and 3M trim tape. With a silicone case on my phone it friction locks into place.
    Attached Images
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Not a self styled 'Guru'

I use an OSOMount Smart EX attached to the lower centre of the windscreen, it extends out to the edge of the centre console so is within easy reach.

IMG_5511.jpg
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    6125

What kind of mount did you use that attaches to the vents?

I've got a magnetic mount and it works awesome on my daily driver. The prongs wedge in tight to the vent and the magnet has just enough grab to hold the phone but not so much that you pull the mount off when removing the phone. Haven't tried it on my DeLorean yet, but if feels unstable you can always use two side by side. For 6 bucks each it might be worth a try.

https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Unive...magnetic+mount

My VIN:    5591

Ressurrecting a super-old thread. Does anyone have new suggestions for a cell phone mount / holder for their car?

I've tried some that suction to the windshield but they're cumbersome and block too much of my view. Any suggestions would be quite welcome.

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I found the online models (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70plpo74o...nav_tracking=1) for the 3D printed ashtray replacement and bult a hidden magnetic mount for Apple Magsafe. Took a bit of work but it's totally hidden.

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

https://www.deloreango.com/us/ash-tr...ne-holder.html

I hate having a phone stuck the windshield/vent/dash/pillar. It's annoying and I don't play with my phone while driving.
    If I require GPS, I activate route and listen to route instructions.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    https://www.deloreango.com/us/ash-tr...ne-holder.html

I hate having a phone stuck the windshield/vent/dash/pillar. It's annoying and I don't play with my phone while driving.
    If I require GPS, I activate route and listen to route instructions.
    I get what you're saying. However I do like to be able to view the map while I'm driving.

Lightbulb

FYI a smart person on Reddit suggested I mount it to the window glass on the door. I tried it a few days ago and it's great! It keeps the phone out of the way, but at eye level and within easy reach. For anyone who's looking for a solution in the future, I hope this "why didn't I think of that" idea helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MacStainless View Post
    FYI a smart person on Reddit suggested I mount it to the window glass on the door.
    Mounted on the door glass, doesn't the device and/or the mount take an awful beating each time the door is opened, and especially when closed?

I kind of like the idea in post #2 (looks like something I could easily fabricate) but wonder if it does any damage to the kneepad.

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast