FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2018) Event Details

Yes, the DCS 2018 location can be announced now.

DCS 2018 - Quick Reference Details below:

DCS 2018 will be held at the Mega Center at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL
    from August 15 through August 19, 2018.

Although this is the same hotel that hosted DCS 2006, the DCS Events will be in different
    facility locations than in 2006, with all Car Show and Vendor activities indoors (no tents).
    More details about all the changes at Pheasant Run Resort will be in a following post.

As mentioned earlier this Fall, we are adding an extra day to beginning of the Convention,
    which will be a Full-Day, Tech Day at Baltria Automotive (adjacent to resort; short walk)
    on Wednesday, August 15, at no additional charge, to all registered DCS 2018 attendees.

A "regular" DCS schedule will follow on Thursday, August 16 through Sunday, August 19.

Note: Saturday DeLorean Car Show event date will be very easy to remember: 8/18/18

More details to follow.

End of Summary.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Cool. Hopefully I'll have a runnin' car by then.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Excellent! Looking forward to it!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

DCS 2018 details - longer version

For those who are interested, the details below will help explain the selection process.

The location selection process for DCS 2018 was significantly longer than years' past
    for a number of reasons and the maximum added value was provided by this location.

Pheasant Run Resort was sold a number of years ago, and a new investment firm and
    new management team is in place. The entire resort is in the process of improvement.
    The hotel's Tower Rooms have been renovated and other areas have been refurbished
    including the lobby, hallways, ballrooms, and both the indoor and outdoor pools.

The DeLorean Car Show for 2006 was held in the DuPage Expo Center and in big tents
    behind the Expo, which has since been sold off and re-built into a new VW Dealership.
    The Mega Center has similar Main Floor footage as Prairie Capital Convention Center
    from DCS 2016 and significantly more footage than the DuPage Expo Center in 2006.

The Mega Center has received a number of upgrades as well, including a tan coating on
    the floor (similar to DMC Midwest, for reference) and new lighting for the Main Floor.
    Under the new management, the Mega Center has hosted the Midwest Mecum Auction
    and several annual car shows, including the Midwest Pontiac Show for several years.

The adjacent auto restoration shop across the street from the Pheasant Run Resort will
    allow DCS 2018 to have a Full-Day, Hands-on Tech Session Day during the convention.
    Baltria Automotive has 12 lifts, indoor showroom and covered outdoor showroom area.
    We plan to do on-lift inspections, door adjustments, install demos and other minor work.

The Resort also has a recently refurbished theater (seats over 300) that DCS plans to use
    for screening Tamir Ardon's DeLorean Documentary, which is scheduled for 2018 release,
    along with other screening requests, such as Steve Concotelli's OUTATIME documentary.
    The theater also allows DCS an alternate location for our Keynote Speaker presentations.

The DCS Planning Team has secured an initial block of hotel rooms for $99/night, with the
    more recently refurbished Tower Rooms for $119 per night. Hotel Registration will be open
    before the end of this month, so check for links on the forum during the Holiday Season and
    on the DCS Social Media sites. The DCS Planning Team will work to get the links ready soon.

If you have any questions about DCS 2018 and what will be offered, feel free to post here to
    this thread and either myself or other members of the DCS Planning Team will try to answer.

New threads will be started for DCS 2018 Hotel Registration and DCS 2018 Event Registration.

We plan DCS 2018 Hotel Registration links to be provided before the end of December 2017.
    We plan DCS 2018 Event Registration links to be provided before the end of January 2018.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

A few Winter photos

PRR - Mega Center photos (April 2017)

A few Mega Center photos taken back 8 months ago,
    near the beginning of the location selection process:

Mega-Center-1-April-2017.jpg

Mega-Center-2-April-2017.jpg

Mega-Center-3-April-2017.jpg

Mega-Center-4-April-2017.jpg

In one pic Pheasant Run looks kinda small....in the other it looks like a warehouse...hehe

The other place looks nice though
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

PRR - Theater

Pheasant Run Resort - Theater

PRR-Theater-1.jpg

PRR-Theater-2.jpg

Cool
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

PRR Map

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    In one pic Pheasant Run looks kinda small....in the other it looks like a warehouse...hehe

The other place looks nice though
    The other place?

The Pheasant Run Resort is a "Resort", not one or two buildings.

See the Resort map below:

Pheasant-Run-Resort-map.jpg

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast