FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BTTF Delorean to be featured on Jay Lenos Garage.

My VIN:    15275

lol

that was kind of dumb.. also like how he says its impossible to fix stainless.. he just doesn't know anyone qualified to do it...he also says 98 mph in one part..

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    Jay said: The car's gull-wing doors, though fashionable, are known to get stuck. That was once an issue for the late talk-show host Johnny Carson, an early investor in the company, when his DeLorean's battery died on the freeway. As Leno tells the story, the doors wouldn't open and Carson had to call for help so he could get out.

What?..... anybody understand this?

Craig
    The early cars like his had the Duceiller alternator. At 80 amps output, it didn't have enough output for the cars electrical load with features on ( AC, lights, radio, etc). So it would eventually drain the battery. The story was likely related to this, but with the door locks also being mechanical, I don't see where he got stuck in the car. Like Michael said, it's probably misinformation. Does anyone know the actual story?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    The early cars like his had the Duceiller alternator. At 80 amps output, it didn't have enough output for the cars electrical load with features on ( AC, lights, radio, etc). So it would eventually drain the battery. The story was likely related to this, but with the door locks also being mechanical, I don't see where he got stuck in the car. Like Michael said, it's probably misinformation. Does anyone know the actual story?
    I *think* the story was that his lock module froze up and was forcing the solenoids to keep the doors locked, but I don't know the true/full story.

-Nick

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Carson was probably DUI.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Story on the Carson Delorean

Carson had 2 Deloreans.

First one was an early production car (black interior, 5 speed) which had the Ducieller Alternator. The alternator wasn't producing enough power so the battery died on the California freeway one day.

The 2nd car VIN 4523 (grey interior, 5 speed) was used by him on occasions from 1981 to 1985. 1985 it was seized during the bankruptcy proceedings of the company as it was never officially Carsons car.

4523 is now owned by Bill and Patrick Shea (the owners of the screen used BTTF part 3 Delorean).

They have four Deloreans total and a ton of other types of cars.

Here are a few pics..
    Attached Images

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're off by a zero here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/07/jay-...-delorean.html

$750,000? Hell, I don't know that the A-car is even worth that. Proto 1 sold for ~$200,000. I'm sure it's value is continuing to go up, but I doubt any normal DeLorean will eclipse its value.

My VIN:    Between VINs

Hardwick has an atrium in his house full of dinosaur bones. I believe with my whole heart he would pay $750k for something if he though it would bring him Nerd cred.

What originally gave me pause was the wording is "is now valued at $750k" which means nothing until it's at the bottom of a sales receipt.

Personally I value my car at around $250k, just waiting for that buyer...

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Hardwick has an atrium in his house full of dinosaur bones. I believe with my whole heart he would pay $750k for something if he though it would bring him Nerd cred.

What originally gave me pause was the wording is "is now valued at $750k" which means nothing until it's at the bottom of a sales receipt.

Personally I value my car at around $250k, just waiting for that buyer...
    That's my "gas station" price - meaning, when someone at a gas station tells me they want to buy my car....sure! I'll go get the title right now, $250k cash.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

2nd part of segment featuring Bob Gale

My VIN:    10644

The first 10 seconds is a cocaine joke from Jay. I hate this guy.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast