FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 EFI Swap with MS3 Pro

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

I bought a lot of Josh's old parts from him when he upgraded to the LS engine, including his missing tooth wheel already welded to the pulley and a crank sensor bracket. You can probably fabricate the sensor bracket yourself with some steel or aluminum stock, a vice, an angle grinder or metal saw, and a drill or drill press; it just won't be as pretty as the machined one Josh made, but would probably be what I'd have done if I didn't have his parts. Here's a picture of mine installed. https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1000w

And here's a picture of just the bracket and sensor that I got from Josh: https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=2500w

-- Joe

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by jangell View Post
    I bought a lot of Josh's old parts from him when he upgraded to the LS engine, including his missing tooth wheel already welded to the pulley and a crank sensor bracket. You can probably fabricate the sensor bracket yourself with some steel or aluminum stock, a vice, an angle grinder or metal saw, and a drill or drill press; it just won't be as pretty as the machined one Josh made, but would probably be what I'd have done if I didn't have his parts. Here's a picture of mine installed. https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1000w

And here's a picture of just the bracket and sensor that I got from Josh: https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=2500w

-- Joe
    Thanks for that.

I’d rather pay Josh to do it since he has done this a few times before, but it seems as if he disappeared?

I have more than a few months to go with this swap, so I have time to figure it out.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Thanks for that.

I’d rather pay Josh to do it since he has done this a few times before, but it seems as if he disappeared?

I have more than a few months to go with this swap, so I have time to figure it out.
    Been really slow to respond recently. I imagine he's super busy. Good and bad for us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have a question for all that have experience with efi.

Should I just sell the MS3 Pro and purchase a simple Microsquirt box set up with bank injection and EDIS wasted spark? I could use the cash for other things on the car...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

I have a question for all that have experience with efi.

Should I just sell the MS3 Pro and purchase a simple Microsquirt box set up with bank injection and EDIS wasted spark? I could use the cash for other things on the car...
    I am planning on doing the same engine swap in my car within the next year, what route did you go in regarding the Megasquirt / Microsquirt model?

Haven’t gotten there yet. Still waiting on new liners from the UK.

Once the engine is built and installed, I’ll do some decision making in the controls. I am heavily leaning towards Microsquirt for simplicity though.

Haven’t gotten there yet. Still waiting on new liners from the UK.

Once the engine is built and installed, I’ll do some decision making in the controls. I am heavily leaning towards Microsquirt for simplicity though.
    I'm actually leaning towards the Microsquirt as well. I'm not looking to do anything fancy with the setup, just simply control Fuel and Spark, cooling fans and to be able to reliably control the A/C kick up/down when it's being used.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    I'm actually leaning towards the Microsquirt as well. I'm not looking to do anything fancy with the setup, just simply control Fuel and Spark, cooling fans and to be able to reliably control the A/C kick up/down when it's being used.
    This is all possible with Micro squirt. With some careful configuration you can even run a 4 wire IAC in conjunction with fan and ac control.
    If you control spark as well you will need to disable the mechanical advance in the distributor. You should be able to get an rpm signal off of the distributor but the best bet would be making a crank position sensor setup. Pulling a rpm signal off of the distributor is not very clean and it is "second hand" information as its through a timing chain.

My simply doing a fuel only implementation you can leave the stock ignition setup as is but still do away with the problematic k-jet.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This is all possible with Micro squirt. With some careful configuration you can even run a 4 wire IAC in conjunction with fan and ac control.
    If you control spark as well you will need to disable the mechanical advance in the distributor. You should be able to get an rpm signal off of the distributor but the best bet would be making a crank position sensor setup. Pulling a rpm signal off of the distributor is not very clean and it is "second hand" information as its through a timing chain.

My simply doing a fuel only implementation you can leave the stock ignition setup as is but still do away with the problematic k-jet.
    I'm actually going to be doing this for an Eagle Premier 3.0 engine. I just purchased a low mileage engine and waiting for it to come in. Can I still use the stock ignition or do I need to setup the Microsquirt with an EDIS6?

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    I'm actually going to be doing this for an Eagle Premier 3.0 engine. I just purchased a low mileage engine and waiting for it to come in. Can I still use the stock ignition or do I need to setup the Microsquirt with an EDIS6?
    You will need EDIS6.

2.8 PRV is odd fire with traditional distributor. 3.0 PRV is even fire without traditional distributor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast