FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vin 3430, The White one from BaT...

My VIN:    03430

Vin 3430, The White one from BaT...

Hi guys, Long time lurker here, but I finally made a purchase of a restoration project. Have wanted one like this since I came across Project Vixen back in 04/05. Wanted a D even longer than that (insert typical story here) I feel like I know what I'm in for thanks to all the great info on here, going to be a long and pricy road for me. Still working out logistics to get it to me, I'll keep the updates coming.

-Andy

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    Hi guys, Long time lurker here, but I finally made a purchase of a restoration project. Have wanted one like this since I came across Project Vixen back in 04/05. Wanted a D even longer than that (insert typical story here) I feel like I know what I'm in for thanks to all the great info on here, going to be a long and pricy road for me. Still working out logistics to get it to me, I'll keep the updates coming.

-Andy
    Nice! Better you than me. I think there's an awful lot of people who will be excited to see how it scrubs up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    3028

I was wondering who bought that.
    Barry

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Congrats!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I was wondering who bought that.
    some crazy Florida man.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Nice! Better you than me. I think there's an awful lot of people who will be excited to see how it scrubs up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, it's gonna be a interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks!

some crazy Florida man.
    Nice project! I bought the black one from BaT a little while back....
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Congrats Northern neighbor!
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Thanks everyone!

So after considering the options for getting the car from PA to FL i decided to go ahead and have it shipped. I decided since the cost and time for me to drive up there and back was very close to what I was quoted by a auto shipper (Beacon Shipping) that it was the best way.

The Car came with a new windshield which added some complexity to the coordination, but the seller was willing to have it installed before shipment. That took care of the worry about how to get that part down here without adding cost or risking breakage.
    This will make any repairs i could have done to the A pillar trim or the dash panel with the windshield off harder later, but i can deal with that.

With that done and the deal closed it should be on the transporter early next week.

Its been great working with Frank at Miniobsession in West Chester who’s been brokering the deal for the seller.

In case you guys didn’t see the listing, here it is.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ean-dmc-12-28/

Cant wait to throw some gas in it and fire it up!

-Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    Midproduction

I share your excitement, but I do recommend you don't fire it up until you clean out the fuel system (minimum). From the condition of that engine, you should flush and inspect all fluids as well.

Thanks everyone!

So after considering the options for getting the car from PA to FL i decided to go ahead and have it shipped. I decided since the cost and time for me to drive up there and back was very close to what I was quoted by a auto shipper (Beacon Shipping) that it was the best way.

The Car came with a new windshield which added some complexity to the coordination, but the seller was willing to have it installed before shipment. That took care of the worry about how to get that part down here without adding cost or risking breakage.
    This will make any repairs i could have done to the A pillar trim or the dash panel with the windshield off harder later, but i can deal with that.

With that done and the deal closed it should be on the transporter early next week.

Its been great working with Frank at Miniobsession in West Chester who’s been brokering the deal for the seller.

In case you guys didn’t see the listing, here it is.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ean-dmc-12-28/

Cant wait to throw some gas in it and fire it up!

-Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast