FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: cheap one out there?

My VIN:    looking...

cheap one out there?

looking for a cheap one, prefer something with at least a serviceable dailyish interior.. trade for a 65 mustang runs/drives mid restoration (5-6K) +5K

also fine with the 2-5K type cars. i want one i can repower without feeling guilty.

i know, its a unicorn..
    Last edited by OkieTV; 07-30-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by OkieTV View Post
    also fine with the 2-5K type cars. i want one i can repower without feeling guilty.
    I will wave my normal finder's fee

https://www.ebay.com/i/124031801668?...DefaultOrganic

I mean we're in the days where a front left fender is worth 4 grand. So when you see a Delorean for sale remember that the front fender comprises 4 grand of the total price!

My VIN:    5510

I haven't seen a DeLorean for under $15k except for scams for the last few years. I saw Hoovie (YouTube) got one for $15k at auction and spent another $15k fixing the issues and sold it (price unknown - probably $25k or so). I've seen absolutely destroyed ones on eBay go for $20k.

I think its unreasonable looking for a $2k-5k DeLorean. That'll buy you a nice DeLorean frame.

My VIN:    looking...

can we get something straight... im offering a car plus cash. total value around 10k.

never once did i ask for the 5k scrap pile.

please dont reply with pointless posts when its clearly stated im in the 10k range.

there are cars in the 2-5 range out there. they may be torn up but they're far from literally single parts

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

can we get something straight... im offering a car plus cash. total value around 10k.

please dont reply with pointless posts when its clearly stated im in the 10k range.

there are cars in the 2-5 range out there. they may be torn up but they're far from literally single parts
    5K (or 10K) is a fantasy, so could your post could be called "pointless".

There's one 18K car for sale right now, and IMO, it's underpriced, and if so, already sold. Beyond that, you can start your search
    at 24.5K

https://medium.com/deloreantothemax/...e-eba126ea987d

10K gets you, well, nothing.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

But ya did

Quote Originally Posted by OkieTV
    If you are serious, posting a "great deal wanted...come see me" ad doesn't cut it. You have to do your own work. You have to set up email alerts for craigslist, ebay, and facebook marketplace(if that's possible) and at 10k you had better be Johnny on the spot ready to pounce because if someone posted a complete Delorean (running or not) for 10k here, it would be sold in hours if not minutes.
    Stellar steal of a deal cars usually never make it to that level. It's usually a friend of a friend type of information. People who own a complete car that want to sell NEVER get to the desperate stage of searching the internet caverns looking for a guy who wants to pay .50 cents on the dollar. It's the other way around.

You want that stellar deal? Get with the vendors, seriously. Vendors do have leads on probably exactly what you are looking for. I actually had one contact me about 7 or 8 years ago with a complete car (resto project) for my Volvo wagon which worth about 3k but make no mistake, a 5k to 10k car will cost you much much more to properly restore than a 40k car that is turn key.

Contact Josh at Delorean Performance, get with The DMC dealers in TX, Chicago, etc. Also contact Rob at PJ Grady, I bet he has several leads for you.
    Last edited by Michael; 07-31-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Missing a post?
    See the Sticky titled "***-SECTION-RULES-***-Please-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***"