FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Will a McLaren 570S motor and trans fit?

Will a McLaren 570S motor and trans fit?

I have access to a McLaren 570S motor and trans and would like to know if they would fit for purposes of making a DeLorean restomod. Based on what I see it appears the only way they would possibly fit is backwards which would result in 6 reverse gears and one forward gear. Can anyone familiar with the DMC and willing to look up the McLaren specs share their thoughts? If it’s impossible I’ll drop the idea

Thanks to all.

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

If you have access to the 570s drivetrain, why not grab a straight edge and a tape measure so you can post up what the dimensions are?

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I mean if you want to drive in reverse really fast go for it! The 570s is a mid engine platform.

As Ramblin said.... No. Also, I have a hunch your selection of adapter plates will be limited.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    I have access to a McLaren 570S motor and trans and would like to know if they would fit for purposes of making a DeLorean restomod. Based on what I see it appears the only way they would possibly fit is backwards which would result in 6 reverse gears and one forward gear. Can anyone familiar with the DMC and willing to look up the McLaren specs share their thoughts? If it’s impossible I’ll drop the idea

Thanks to all.
    Looks like this is your answer.

I suppose you could flip the trans axle to reverse the direction, but that makes for all kinds of other issues. You could install portals at the wheels also. Anything can be done. But, There’s way easier and cheaper ways to accomplish your performance goals.