FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drayron Sequential Tail Light Boards

Just a FYI:

As of today they have 6 kits in stock.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Im interested, but the site says *This product is sold for off-road vehicle use only. What does that mean?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6125

Unless the sequencer modifications are DOT approved then it's probably not technically legal. By stating "Off road use only" it basically means use at your own risk. Similar to "For static display only" or "Parade use only", etc.

I think the point in stating that is so if you get pulled over by the cops for illegal tail lights/turn signals the manufacturer can't be held responsible since they weren't intended for on road use.

I'm no lawyer, but if you were ever rear ended driving with modified tail lights whoever hit you might have a legal argument against you. If they were to claim that the tail lights were too dim, or didn't work properly you might have a hard time explaining that away with non-DOT approved equipment.

In the US typically the first blink of a turn signal has to meet all of the FMVSS standards for the signal light on it's own, and the subsequent blinks do not count towards meeting the required brightness and duration. On some new Audi models with sequential/bar tail lights the US gets slightly different versions than Europe does for this reason.

There is either an additional light that blinks along with the sequential bar of light so the first blink meets the requirement.

https://gfycat.com/blackandwhitefearlessallosaurus

or the section of the light bar that initially lights up is large enough to pass the requirements on its own.

https://gfycat.com/educatedfastfattaileddunnart
    Last edited by Mark D; 09-11-2020 at 03:04 PM.

My VIN:    Former owner of 10439 Currently own 06291

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I got mine this week.

The install was easy. It took me 45 min to complete.

What a great mod.

Came very well packaged. I was able to use the packaging it came in to store my original boards.

Thanks again!

Adam
    Adam Brandt
    Former owner of 10439 Stage II
    Owner of 06291 DMCH rebuild, Stage II, Eibach, SS Frame

4625 Got them also

I previously had the original stock boards with LED installed and they were acceptable but..... I ordered, received and installed the Drayron Tail Light Boards and I was blown away. The higher power LED are really bright. When the brake is pressed all the normal brake lights light up but also the running light. A dual element bulb in the running light spot makes it much, much better and brighter. I would recommend them to all Delorean owners to install not only for the cool factor but because they make a much safer car. I have mine on sweep. Check out Skips car on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66McNkXpmFo&t=1110s

First of all, thanks for all the favorable comments and reviews on the sequencer kits. Our first two production runs sold out fairly quickly. We are currently midway in our third production run and now have stock available again for sale. As you might expect given the current situation, some of our component suppliers have experienced minor problems getting product to us. Our boards are assembled here in Oregon using a pick-and-place robotic assembly, It's kind of fun to watch and we hope to post a video showing the assembly soon. The latest version of the sequencer kit can accept an optional input board. The inputs take a 12 volt signal and can be programmed for most any desired affect. Currently we have a firmware upgrade that programs the input for compliance with the UK Fog Light requirement.

Additionally, just to peak your interest, we have a new taillight product to be unveiled shortly.

Thanks again for all your support and patience.

Ron
    DRAYRON
    Logo-small.png
    Last edited by DMC-Ron; 10-15-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I jumped on the boat as well and purchased a set. Can't wait to get them installed.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah, Im getting close to that point, since Im 95% done with the things I can do here, before sending her up to Toby for full inspection and to get all the big stuff I cant do done..hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

UPDATE: I constantly get positive comments about how clean and bright my tail lights/rev/signal lights are. Zero reason to look elsewhere for tail light boards. Drayron 1 and done.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    6125

I finally ordered a set of these. Can't wait to get them installed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast