FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Do any of the vendors rebuild the LCA/UCA's?

My VIN:    2823

Do any of the vendors rebuild the LCA/UCA's?

So finding anyone to work on the DeLorean in my area is EXTREMELY hard to do (not a big deal bc I do most of the work myself) and I would honestly rather have one of the DeLorean shops rebuild my LCA/UCA's anyway and was just wondering if anyone had any of the vendors do this service? I can pull the hardware off, that's no problem but I don't know how to weld and would MUCH rather have someone else with experience to replace the lower ball joints, install the collars and box them in along with replacing the bushings. I would just feel better with someone with DeLorean experience doing this rather than someone who hasn't even seen one before considering how critical it is.

I know there are also new options out there, but considering for both the LCA/UCA's would cost well over $2k for everything, I was just wanting to look at the price of rebuilding/upgrading my current hardware first.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations
    81 DeLorean w 4.3 Chevy Vortec engine mated to Porsche 915 transaxle

My VIN:    11596

I don't know the answer to your question but instead of looking for an auto repair shop, have you been considering a machine shop that does things like rebuild engines? Or what about a custom shop that does hot rods? Most of that stuff is all custom and DIY so they would be comfortable with welding. Most machine shops will have the correct bushing replacement adapters and presses, too.

I know these kind of places are getting harder to find since so much is just throw away these days... but the old timers are still out there. See if there's a Facebook group for muscle cars in your area and ask those guys. They will know.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

white out was offering a service to refurbish the LCAs. I would ask him.

http://dmctalk.org/member.php?88879-white-out

My fabricator is able to install reinforcements, put in new bushings (old have to be removed), coat, remove spring perches, etc. For the upper control arms, he didn't see the necessity in boxing them, but he can modify them to add in negative camber. Shoot me a message me if you want any further details.

My VIN:    2823

PERFECT!!! Thanks so much for the replies everyone! White out, I sent ya a PM! Thanks for anything you can do!
    81 DeLorean w 4.3 Chevy Vortec engine mated to Porsche 915 transaxle

My VIN:    10201