FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Calling all Alaskan owners/enthusiasts

Calling all Alaskan owners/enthusiasts

Hey everyone!

I currently live Anchorage, Alaska and plan on finally getting my DeLorean either late next year or early 2022 but wanted to ask owners here in Alaska and I guess others from very cold climates what the ownership experience is like.

I almost feel kind of bummed it would be parked for the winter months as I would want to drive this thing 24/7 but I guess I'm wondering how often you all take your D out in winter if at all, do you have block heathers? I'd also be worried about a moose and other animals that might pop out while driving as this would literally be my baby haha.

Also curious as to how many owners we have up here... Any input, information or advice you could provide with be really helpful!

My VIN:    03500

They put a lot of salt on the roads here in Minnesota so it stays in all winter!

I wish you good luck finding one you like!

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 11-14-2020 at 02:03 AM.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

There’s this D owner in Anchorage.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...ghlight=Alaska

This owner’s active in this forum and may know of other AK owners.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    They put a lot of salt on the roads here in Minnesota so it stays in all winter!

I wish you good luck finding one you like!

Dave B.
    Thanks for the reply Dave! This is a bummer but I guess less miles put on it right? Lol Thank you looking forward to that day!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There’s this D owner in Anchorage.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...ghlight=Alaska

This owner’s active in this forum and may know of other AK owners.
    Thanks Rich! Looks as though I may have to message them directly in case they don't see this thread.

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by JDLCA View Post
    Thanks Rich! Looks as though I may have to message them directly in case they don't see this thread.
    Hey there!

Yup, I'm a D owner in Anchorage. My Vin is 5625. I would be ecstatic to meet another owner locally! Are you currently looking at a particular car or is it just future plans at the moment?

As far as winter driving....I suppose you could. The Anchorage municipality only puts down sand in the winter so no worries about salt. However, I would imagine the car may be a bit squirrely on the icy roads being rear wheel drive and all. But if that doesn't phase you, go for it.

I typically drive my car from Mid April to early October. The rest of the year she is tucked nicely into my heated garage. Since ownership I have used the winter months to take on big mechanical/electrical projects. I have rebuilt much on the car with last years winter project being the transmission rebuild, new clutch, primary cylinder, slave cylinder, and clutch hydraulic line.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Hey there!

Yup, I'm a D owner in Anchorage. My Vin is 5625. I would be ecstatic to meet another owner locally! Are you currently looking at a particular car or is it just future plans at the moment?

As far as winter driving....I suppose you could. The Anchorage municipality only puts down sand in the winter so no worries about salt. However, I would imagine the car may be a bit squirrely on the icy roads being rear wheel drive and all. But if that doesn't phase you, go for it.

I typically drive my car from Mid April to early October. The rest of the year she is tucked nicely into my heated garage. Since ownership I have used the winter months to take on big mechanical/electrical projects. I have rebuilt much on the car with last years winter project being the transmission rebuild, new clutch, primary cylinder, slave cylinder, and clutch hydraulic line.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.
    Hey Trstno1!

Sorry for my late reply, yes also would be ecstatic to meet! I can't say I'm an owner just yet but that will change hopefully next year so future plans for now but oh man how I can't wait..

Thank you for your input about winter driving up here I was curious how that would work, it does sort of bum me out that I know for majority of winter it would be wise to keep it garaged, while I think I would take it out for a drive here and there I'd hate to risk someone sliding into me or me sliding around.

Wow so great that you know and work on it mechanically it'd be nice to have someone else up here to ask/refrence about repairs certain things I may run into during ownership. I'll go ahead and send you PM but thanks again for the reply!!

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by JDLCA View Post
    Hey Trstno1!

Sorry for my late reply, yes also would be ecstatic to meet! I can't say I'm an owner just yet but that will change hopefully next year so future plans for now but oh man how I can't wait..

Thank you for your input about winter driving up here I was curious how that would work, it does sort of bum me out that I know for majority of winter it would be wise to keep it garaged, while I think I would take it out for a drive here and there I'd hate to risk someone sliding into me or me sliding around.

Wow so great that you know and work on it mechanically it'd be nice to have someone else up here to ask/refrence about repairs certain things I may run into during ownership. I'll go ahead and send you PM but thanks again for the reply!!
    We have a similar season to you guys. I look forward to the winter even though I miss driving the car. Gives me time to fix and upgrade things.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.