FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Centre Console removal, loose hatch and minor rust.

My VIN:    10207

Question Centre Console removal, loose hatch and minor rust.

Hi guys,

I just removed the centre console and noticed this hatch was loose:
    DSC_0160.jpg
    What excactly am I looking at here, and is there anything useful I should do while I'm here, other than gluing the hatch back down?

Also, I see minor rust on this bracket:
    DSC_0159.jpg
    In the best interest of the longevity of the vehicle I'd like to treat the rust as best I can, to prevent recurrence.
    Any pointers as to how I should go about that?

Thank you for helping out a DeLorean Noob and his car.
    Last edited by DrWin; 02-19-2021 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Removed duplicate picture
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The loose cover is just an access cover to the hard lines above the fuel accumulator. It simply glues into place. (Use something removable like a small dab of rtv or silicone because you may need to remove it again someday.

The bracket looks to be what holds your console cover in place. It might be a vacuum line or harness stay. Don't worry about a little rust but if it bothers you a lot, clean it with a wire brush and repaint it.
    Last edited by Michael; 02-19-2021 at 08:05 AM.

My VIN:    10207

Thanks!

Thanks Michael, I'll get to closing the hatch again and repainting the bracket.
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.