FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have the DeLoreanGo lower control D-Arm?

My VIN:    2823

Anyone here have the DeLoreanGo lower control D-Arm?

Going ahead and replacing my lower control arms and was looking to purchase DeLorean Go's LCA's (D-Arm set)

https://www.deloreango.com/en/alumin...trol-arms.html

Anyone have these installed? If so, thoughts on them? Also, going with these, would it still be recommended to get a lower arm support kit?

Thanks!!!
    81 DeLorean w 4.3 Chevy Vortec engine mated to Porsche 915 transaxle

My VIN:    2883

I have just fitted them to my car. They are very nicely done. A lot chunkier and way more solid than the original ones.
    I fitted the DPI supports to them but it is personal preference if you want to do that.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Any LCA benefits from the support braces since no one has bothered to design a LCA that is a different shape than stock.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

I have fitted them both to my own car and another. They are very well made and a perfect fit, I also fitted Ed's S/Steel lower arm support kit to mine as well. I cant report back on handling as yet as I have done less than 5 miles since. I do know from fitting the support kit to a friends car he reports it's made a terrific difference to handling (fitted at the same time as refurb'd top arms/springs/ball joints etc). The only small issue I had was it's harder to fit the lower shock mountings, however this will depend on the types of shocks/dampers fitted. I have Pro-Tech ones fitted and they are fiddly to install due to separate bushings etc.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Funny, the text says made from 6082 in one place and 6061 in another. I would assume it's 6061-T6. Nice looking stuff.

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I installed DPI's Aluminum LCA last year. Very similar, only difference is I got the ones without the spring cup since I also installed DPI's coil-overs. Very happy with them. They are a lot beefier than stock.

My VIN:    2823

Thanks for the replies and info everyone! I'll order them tomorrow!
    81 DeLorean w 4.3 Chevy Vortec engine mated to Porsche 915 transaxle

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Billet arms & DGo braces installed. As other have stated these are a MUST for any owner that uses their car. Night and day difference in road holding and steering feel not to mention peace of mind knowing you won't suffer a broken LCA. Also replaced steering rack bushings, sway bar bushings, steering shaft bushing with poly units and added stainless sway bar brackets.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    3014

I had the Delorean Go billet Lower arm for 3 years now . The biggest difference is that the ride quality is harsh . maybe it also has to do with the Poly bushing and Euro spec lower Spring.

And until you crash the car , the Billet arm will become the strongest point of the whole car , and instead of crushing the lower arm at side impact, the Front strut of frame will bend . (maybe because I have Front strut tower ,that help reduce some damage . ) the total of the side impact damage are the wheel , front hub knuckle , tie rod , upper control arm, and slightly bent strut tower , but the Billet lower arm is totally Fine.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJapan View Post
    I had the Delorean Go billet Lower arm for 3 years now . The biggest difference is that the ride quality is harsh . maybe it also has to do with the Poly bushing and Euro spec lower Spring.
    My ride quality improved with the billet LCA not to mention eliminating the wander at high speeds. Eibach springs and DMC shocks. (poly bushings as stated)
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast