Quote Originally Posted by MacStainless View Post
Thanks for the info! Also nice to know there's another local somewhat near me. I'm over in Coram, but willing to get my car worked on anywhere reasonably-distanced from me. My biggest issue ATM is the car dumped all its coolant on Sunday and there's definitely a leak. I've got towing via JC Taylor to any shop I want within 50mi so it's only a matter of locating a place to take the damn car so it can get made road-worthy again.

Appreciate the recommendation. Does the shop have any experience working on a D or is my situation one where I don't really need to worry about a place that does classic car work? Generally I take my daily to Firestone since they're very reputable, but they can't use any 3rd party parts and I don't know if they'll be able to do anything at all. Hell, I can't even get them to put tires on it because it has to be from them & they don't carry Hankook.
I'm not sure if they've worked on a D before, but again, the engine work and brake work you need isn't really "Delorean specific". I would call them and see if they would be willing to work on it. Make sure you let them know that the engine is the same engine that could be found in a Volvo 760.

Where was the antifreeze leaking from? Water pump? Radiator? Overflow tank? You're biggest obstacle will be parts replacement as it may take a few days to get parts in from one of the vendors.